World Wide Fund For Nature
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime:
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
For our Cameroon Country Office (CCO), we are looking for a dynamic and committed Senior Purchasing and Procurement Officer.
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Manager
Supervises: One (01) Logistics Officer
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Duration: Two (02) years
The Senior Purchasing and Procurement Officer is responsible for the physical organization of work within the national office. He/she is the person in charge of purchasing, logistics and supply for the WWF Cameroon Country Office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
– Ensures the application of the procurement policy and procedures for all goods and services purchased by WWF in Cameroon;
– Ensures that for each procurement related to a project funded by a public funder, the procurement procedure imposed by the funder has been followed and that it has all necessary supporting documentation before the contract is signed;
– Organizes training, particularly for logistics staff, on purchasing policy and procedures and on lessor obligations;
– Organize sourcing upstream of the call for tenders in order to target the best suppliers and ensure that they respond to the call for tenders;
– Assists logistics officers in obtaining quotes and evaluating products from various suppliers of goods and services in Cameroon and abroad;
– Ensures that all orders are properly recorded in a dedicated file or system;
– Imports and exports all goods to and from Cameroon and takes care of the related taxation and its justification to the donors;
– Organizes meetings with suppliers for tenders;
– Maintenance of offices and equipment other than computers;
– Manages the warehouse and inventory of goods;
– Ensure asset inventory at least twice a year (every 6 months);
– Oversees the management of the vehicle fleet;
– Ensures the follow-up of administrative files related to the logistics field;
– Provided logistical support to field offices (procurement and supply);
– Any other task assigned by Management.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
• Master’s degree in Logistics and Purchasing, or any other related field;
• At least 4 years of experience in the field of logistics in an international NGO or multinational company.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Good interpersonal skills
• Have good organizational skills
• Have a spirit of initiative
• Be able to give practical advice on technical matters. (Repairing machines, etc. …)
• Be able to make good choices when purchasing equipment and other goods for the organization
• Have knowledge of import and export
• Have good professional skills, be able to work under stress
• Adhere to the values of WWF which are: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
• Fluency in French and English.
Values & Behaviors:
• Embraces the WWF mission and values of the organisation: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration.
• Demonstrating behaviors: Strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly
• Acts with highest integrity, accountability, and transparency.
Internal – Interaction with the Finance and Administrative Manager, logistics team members and all WWF employees.
External – Suppliers and partners (Ministries, and donors internal or external to the WWF network).
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply
Apply through the link:
Deadline for applications: 20th February 2024.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up.
Deadline: 20 Feb 2024