COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
COOPI is looking for a Head of Mission in Iraq
COOPI is officially registered in Kurdish Region of Iraq and in Federal Iraq and has been active in Iraq since end of 2016 when started implementing a series projects in Education sector in Mosul district with funding from AICS and private donors. In 2019, COOPI started with WASH programming and emergency cash interventions in Salah ad Dihn governorate. In 2022 COOPI will bring WASH, education, child protection, and livelihoods programming in Iraq, to provide a holistic response to the needs of the most vulnerable returnees and IDPs, especially those living in informal settlements.
Description of the role
The Head of Mission (HoM) provides leadership and strategic direction of COOPI’s operations in the country in collaboration with the Regional Coordinator, and is responsible for the implementation and development of the country programme in line with COOPI’s organisational and country strategy, policies and procedures. The HoM is also responsible for the management and capacity building of the staff, securing donor funding and to represent the organisation to the government, donors, and other appropriate bodies – including clusters, UN agencies and the media.
Organization and management
- Strategy and planning: verify and propose to the Regional Coordinator the intervention priorities to consolidate the organization’s opportunity to be more involved in the country. Contributes to the definition of the Country Strategy
- Programme extension: coordinate the elaboration, writing and documents’ preparation for presenting new projects
- Visibility: cooperate with the Communication and Fund-Raising office for all communication, awareness and fund-raising activities implemented in and for the country
- Procedures: coordinate and monitor the projects, guaranteeing the correct implementation in conformity with the contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with COOPI’s procedures and management standards
Administration and finance
- Economic and financial management: is responsible for the country’s economic result. Supervise the financial management in collaboration with the Country Administrator and ensure – through the administrative function – that all financial reporting deadlines and donor/COOPI’s procedures are respected. Participate to the projects/coordination budget preparation. Has the signature for all COOPI’s bank accounts in the country
- Country office management: is responsible for all different aspects related to the country office management, such as economic and financial situation, local regulations, office organization charts, logistics, local and expatriate personnel management, in conformity with the organization’s guidelines. Guarantee the respect of the country’s legislation and administrative regulation
Safety and Security
- Staff security: is responsible for the expatriate staff security, for the correct implementation and respect of the general security rules
- Staff management: is responsible for the local staff management. Participates and supports the Regional Coordinator and the Human Resources office in the selection of the expatriate staff. Coordinate and monitor the country’s expatriate staff management
- Is responsible to supervise the preparation of projects reports and all the monitoring documents requested
- Ensure the transmission of all official and administrative project documents to the central headquarters
- Manage relations with the main institutional donors for the ongoing projects. Represent COOPI in the country/area by engaging in relations with institutions, NGOs, local and international organizations and partners to guarantee the quality implementation of the projects. Is responsible of the organization’s reputation in country
- University degree in relevant subjects
- A minimum of five years of relevant working experience is required
- At least three years of demonstrated successful experience in international reliefand development in a similar position is required
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities, IOs and NGOs
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure
- Proven capacity in managing a team is essential
- Fluency in English language
- Computer literate
- Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters is a strong advantage
- Previous work experience in Iraq is a plus
- Experience in working in conflict-prone environments a plus
- Experience in managing complex consortium/partnerships is an advantage
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale is an Italian secular and independent humanitarian organisation fighting against all forms of poverty to improve the world. Founded in 1965, today COOPI is present in 33 countries in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Middle East, with both emergency and development projects carried out by expatriate staff – an average of over 270 people per year – and national staff. The main institutional funders are the European Union – ECHO and INTPA – USAID, UN agencies, the Italian Government, local authorities and other European Governments.
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter at the following link: https://www.coopi.org/it/posizione-lavorativa.html?id=5051&ln=
Deadline: 19 Feb 2024