Ideal Health Organization
Summary of Role
Reporting to the Ideal Health Organization Focal Lead, the Knowledge Management, Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Officer will provide technical support on monitoring and evaluation of project activities. She/he will be the responsible for maintaining the knowledge management, M & E database, routine tracking of project activities, documentation and reporting of results to the donor.
- Co-lead the work planning workshop and prepare the project workplan
- Support in the design of the project launch and close out event in collaboration with the Project Lead, IHO Focal Person and Communication Consultant
- Lead tracking of program deliverables and ensure they are filed in the repository.
- Implement and maintain the project database system, ensuring data is up to date while supporting the program team to track work plan implementation against the expectations (targets) using the database.
- Conduct regular data quality audits of data collected and ensure that quality control measures are in place and observed.
- Support the dissemination of KM, M & E results to all relevant stakeholders.
- Support the quantitative data management and analysis to inform project decision-making.
- In collaboration with project staff lead the collation of monthly/ quarterly and annual project progress reports and presentations
- Support in documentation and dissemination of the project outcomes through success stories, conference presentations, blogs/ learning briefs to inform workforce policy and practice.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (public health, Statistics, social science, or a related field)
- At least 4-6 years knowledge management, M&E experience in the development field, preferably in the health and/or human resources health area.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis (quantitative & qualitative skills)
- Ability to design survey research including the development of research tools and instruments.
- Proficiency in statistical applications and other software packages.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks, and meet tight deadlines with prioritization, paying attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, effective team member, analytical and coordination skills, and ability to work in a culturally diverse team.
- Demonstrated competence in working with stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills including report writing.
- Experience in a donor-funded project is an added advantage.
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for Ideal Health Organization’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence – Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written) – Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, and explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed-upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments, Country offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness and ability to work independently with all stakeholders.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Willingness to travel throughout Kenya to work with partners and key stakeholders, and potentially internationally, as required.
How to apply
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiries about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
If you meet the above qualifications and requirements, please email your application and resume by 17th February 2024 , to**:** [email protected]