With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Program Quality and Impact Director for the Southern Africa Region, you will lead a high performing team to effectively capture, utilise and communicate evidence of impact. Working in partnership with World Vision Field Offices (FOs) in the Southern Africa Region (SAR), Support Offices (SO) and the Global Centre, you will work across all funding streams to ensure the delivery of excellent quality programmatic work across all funding streams and successfully collect and communicate their individual and our collective impact.
The role provides quality assurance of impact across all funding streams (i.e., Child Sponsorship, Grants, GIK and Private Non-Sponsorship funded programs), ensuring compliance with donor requirements and measuring and communicating project level and portfolio impact across the region. You will oversee Strategy Development & Execution and will ensure FO strategies are driven by impact data, and support a pivot towards grant and corporate funding, ensuring all resource streams are used to contribute towards improved child well-being for children and adults in the communities where World Vision works and demonstrating a credible account of change.
- At least 10 years’ experience in relief and development work, of which at least 5 years in a leadership position at national or regional level preferably in Southern Africa or similar context
- A master’s degree in management, international development, social science, evaluation, data analytics or similar field
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development, revitalization and monitoring processes
- Experience measuring impact using monitoring, evaluation and research skills; and building capacity of others in these skills
- Experience in designing evaluations for integrated programmes to measure performance and impact
- Fluency in written and spoken French and/or Portuguese desired
Travel/ work environment:
- 40% travel to World Vision Field Offices is expected
- Virtual/hybrid work environment
- Based in any location within SAR where WV is registered, with a preference for Angola or Mozambique
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online by the application deadline of 19 FEB 2024.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.