World Vision International
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As Regional Security Advisor, you will provide support to the Regional Security Director (RSD) for overall security and risk management within the region. The RSA will also serve as a technical security resource for National Office leadership and field staff. The work also involves contributing to the creation of an adaptive and resilient organization that is prepared for, responds well to, and recovers quickly from adverse events using a ‘continuous improvement’ approach. A secondary purpose includes providing support and thought leadership as a member of the global team, including providing surge capacity and acting as RSD when needed.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Risk Management, Strategic Studies, International Relations or Emergency Management or other management discipline.
- At least 5 years or work-related experience in the professional security, resilience, business continuity, NGO or UN working at international level with international agencies, INGO’s, governments, military, law enforcement or private sector in a leadership role.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in French and English.
- Previous experience in the professional security arena (INGO, Corporate, Military, Law Enforcement, or Emergency Services).
- Sound knowledge of INGO security practices with proven experience in security risk assessments, security planning and crises management in the humanitarian context.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40 % of the time.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online by the closing date 26 JUL 2023.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.