As part of its Public Policy Practice, Altai Consulting seeks experienced and knowledgeable consultants for a project in the areas of Monitoring, Evaluation and Research on issues mainly related to migration and forced displacement. The Consultant will work alongside other consultants under the supervision of a Project Director and under the general supervision of the West Africa and Sahel Director.
As part of the project, the Consultant will liaise with relevant partners (mainly actors implementing projects funded by the client), assist in the development of logical frameworks and indicators, collect and clean data obtained from partners, analyze the obtained data, assist in preparing reports for the client, conduct case studies on specific aspects, conduct specific research assignments, etc. The position requires a good knowledge of the West African region, preferably acquired through field experience.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Participate in the development of methodologies for the Monitoring and Evaluation of projects in West Africa;
- Liaise regularly with and provide support to implementing partners;
- Conduct field research (qualitative and quantitative);
- Conduct interviews and secondary data research for qualitative studies;
- Design and maintain project databases;
- Analyze large quantities of data from varied sources;
- Report writing in English and French;
- Prepare presentations;
- Prepare documentation when required by clients or the management of the company;
- Build capacity of team members, client, and/or beneficiaries;
- Others as required.
- Masters’ degree or higher in Economics, International Relations and/or Development, Public Policy, Migration, Evaluation, Engineering, Statistics or Data analytics.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in international development organizations, consulting, think tanks, INGOs on monitoring, evaluation and research (required);
- Experience in migration/displacement-related topics is a plus;
- Field experience in West Africa is a plus;
- Specific knowledge of a West African country in particular is a plus.
Analytical skills requirements:
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with particular attention to detail and accuracy (required);
- Knowledge of Excel (required).
- Excellent written and spoken English and French (required);
- Experience writing policy papers, assessments, and/or strategic recommendations that require deep analytical capacity.
- Flexible, autonomous, self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently;
- Team player with a strong sense of initiative and the desire and ability to be part of an enthusiastic and dynamic team;
How to apply
To apply, send an email to: [email protected] (put in the subject your name and “Consultant M&E Migration”) by end of July 2023 with the following attachments:
- CV including references to be contacted;
- Writing samples (if the piece is confidential, please mention so and it will be deleted after reading).
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.