- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
We are looking for an experienced Radiographer who will primarily be responsible for producing the full range of X rays on a digital X ray machine & providing quality ultrasound services, reviewing & analysing reports & communicating those to the physicians to review within the laid down standard operating policies & protocols. The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes & shape best clinical & non clinical practice.
Primary responsibilities for the position include but not limited to:
- Explaining the X ray & ultrasound procedures to patients & answering any questions they may have.
- Maintaining the X ray & ultrasound equipment & maintaining the room in which the procedures take place.
- Performing ultrasound scans ensuring the images are of best quality achievable.
- Maintaining patient’s records & adding medical notes related to the ultrasound & X ray procedure if necessary.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Operate imaging equipment as per SOP.
- Explain procedures to patients.
ecision & clarity.
- Follow SOP for safety procedures that prevent unnecessary exposure to radiation to themselves, as well as to the patient.
- Ensure accurate documentation & care of patients’ records, keeping track of & organising patient records.
- Ensure scheduled maintenance & calibration of medical equipment’s are in place & followed.
- Performing operational checks daily.
- Develop printouts & films with pr
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Basic Degree or diploma in Radiology Technology.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Currently registered & licensed to practice in own country or another UN member state.
- English proficiency, a minimum of level B 2 is required.
- Certificate in Sonography is an added advantage.
- Ability to accurately & compassionately explain to patients what they’re about to experience.
- Ability to succinctly convey information to physicians & staff.
- Ability to do internal radiation safety audits & monitor accumulative radiation levels
- Be physically fit as you may need to physically assist patients.
- Good attention to detail.
- Fluency in written & spoken English.
- Preference / desire to live & work in Somalila.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: