- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
We are looking for a qualified Health Care Project Manager responsible for the day to day coordination & efficient operation of the UN health facility. Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee & manage the administration function of the hospital by ensuring that all its resources are well planned for in order to support timely & quality service delivery in the hospital.
- Provide leadership, guidance & direction to the administration division for timely & quality service delivery in the hospital.
- Ensure the administration division generates the target revenue required to facilitate service delivery.
- Ensure the coordination of the implementation of the hospital strategic plan in the administration division within the framework of the vision, mission & culture of the hospital & other national & international healthcare frameworks.
- Supervise staff in the administration division.
- Oversee & coordinate the provision of timely quality & sufficient administration services in the hospital within the established policy & professional frameworks.
- Ensure continuous advisory services concerning administration to improve performance.
- Work in collaboration with other divisions, sections & departments in the hospital to provide administrative support to all departments within the hospital.
- Prepare & present divisional reports on the division activities as appropriate.
- Oversee efficient & effective utilization of office resources to ensure prudent use of the same.
- Coordinate the conduct of drills & put in place safety equipment to enhance emergency preparedness.
- Takes the lead in coordinating the full range of staff & HR administration related issues, ensuring requirements are met. This involves overseeing development & maintenance of staffing table records, interpretation & application of staff rules relating to HR issues, preparation of staffing projects & other ad hoc status reports on those issues.
- Overseas travel, procurement, information technologies, asset & facilities management functions.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Clinical professional such as Medical Eoctor or Batchelor Degree education in health related fields (Nursing, Clinical Laboratory, Physiotherapy).
- Post graduate training in Healthcare Management / Administration or Business Administration at Masters level.
- Five years in managing health care services at international level.
- Must be fluent in spoken & written English.
- English proficiency, a minimum of level B 2 is required.
- Preference / desire to live & work in Somalila.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: