- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
We are looking for a Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) of Paramedics, with ALS, ATLS & BLS certification, operating a ground ambulance primarily to provide on scene medical support & evacuation of patients from the scene to a health facility & an airfield for medical evacuation (MEDEVAC) outside of Somalia. Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Receiving & prioritizing emergency & non emergency calls.
- Receiving direct & coordinate emergency calls effectively & make responsible decisions that ensure lives are saved within the shortest time possible.
- Provide basic life support & gather patient data.
- Assessing patients & establishing their emergency medical care needs.
- Provide patients with emergency care by utilizing appropriate techniques & equipment.
- Responsible for effective two way communication, via radio & telephone & very good verbal command.
- Allocating ambulance personnel & ambulances to emergency calls & events appropriately.
- Operate & drive ambulance in conjunction with applicable safety policies & laws.
- Planning of strategic location of ambulances.
- Transport patients in accordance with outlined policies & procedures.
- Planning & implementing care interventions.
- Administration of authorized medication to provide better outcomes.
- Maintaining & evaluating healthcare outcomes on patients & preparing individualized reports.
- Documenting patients care report while on transit.
- Responsible for ensuring comprehensive data entry for easy follow up & data mining.
- Attending to distress calls, giving pre hospital instructions & reassuring the caller.
- Taking vital information’s from caller & relaying it to the medical team for preparation.
- Documenting patient’s daily data & generating annual statistics.
- Maintain a safe, clean & well stocked environment for patients.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Training in a Paramedical Science course of not less than 12 months leading to the award of a Diploma / Associate Degree or Bachelor in Paramedical Science.
- A minimum of three years of progressive clinical experience as a paramedic working in a pre hospital care setting after certification / licence.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Trauma Life support (ATLS) & / or Advanced Life support (ALS) certification.
- Valid drivers licence.
- English proficiency, a minimum of level B 2 is required.
- Preference / desire to live & work in Somalila.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: