- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
We are looking for a dedicated & experienced Internist whose responsibilities will include primary care and treatment, preventative care, immunizations, health education, prescribing of medications, ordering & interpreting laborotory tests, physical examinations, STD screenings, vision / hearing screening, family planning & nutrition. Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reviews patient file / record, including allergies, problems, medications & immunization status.
- Elicits & records information about patient’s medical history.
- Examines patients for symptoms or physical information.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses & diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Analyzes reports & findings of tests & examination & diagnoses condition of patient.
- Administers or prescribes treatments.
- Determines & prescribes medication, dosage & schedule given the patient’s condition & allergies.
- Discusses any possible side effects to medication or immunization with patient.
- Prescribes vaccinations to immunize patient from communicable diseases.
- Promotes health by advising patients about diet, hygiene & methods for prevention of disease.
- Performs surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency.
- Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well being.
- Documents the patient’s visit including medical history, physical exam, diagnoses & plan of action.
- Follows up with patient regarding progress in high risk or emergency cases.
- Maintain a safe, clean & well stocked environment for patients.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Medicine & Surgery with a minimum of three years of progressive post qualification clinical experience.
- Board certified / postgraduate certified by an appropriate body following the successful completion of specialist training in Internal Medicine, with a minimum of three years’ progressive post specialist qualification.
- Currently registered & licensed to practice medicine & apply specialty without supervision in own country or another UN member state.
- English proficiency, a minimum of level B 2 is required.
- Preference / desire to live & work in Somalila.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: