Norwegian Red Cross
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers and staff operating in 193 countries. Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. To achieve this, we follow the Seven Humanitarian Principles; Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality
The ability of National Society partners to respond adequately to actual needs of the affected population is an important strategic choice for NorCross. In Lebanon we focus on Health, including water, sanitation and hygiene(WASH), as well as multi-purpose cash assistance. Lebanese Red Cross(LRC) is well placed and NorCross will continue to support LRC`s organisational development.
CEA Delegate Lebanon
The purpose of the CEA Delegate to ensure quality technical leadership and guidance to operationalize the LRC’s commitments on Community Engagement and Accountability as a key contribution towards enhancing community resilience towards humanitarian crisis. The CEA delegate provides advice to and promotes quality and accountability in operations and programmes in the application of systematic and innovative approaches for two-way communication, community participation and feedback mechanisms and supports operationalization of CEA in emergency situations. The CEA Delegate will provide specific technical support to the implementation and management of the Pilot Partnership Programme (PPP) Project.
Three strategic objectives for the position:
- Ensure that Norwegian Red Cross supported projects are designed and implemented in line with established technical standards and project management methodologies.
- Support LRC project teams in thematic frameworks and relevant CEA technical standards and support the operationalization of those standards.
- Contributes proactively with LRC and PNS technical teams to Norwegian Red Cross global efforts to establish and operationalize technical standards in Community Engagement and Accountability.
- Supports LRC interventions to incorporate CEA as a methodology throughout the project cycle i.e. carries out needs assessments, quality assures project design, monitoring, and evaluation plan, and provides CEA technical support and guidance throughout.
- Strengthens NorCross’ portfolio in mainstreaming CEA into primary healthcare and health emergencies (epidemic/pandemic preparedness and response) including baselines, assessments, guidelines, and SOP (standard operating procedures) development, procurement planning, capacity building, monitoring, and reporting.
- Train and mentor relevant LRC teams on the operationalization of CEA.
- Conducts monitoring and analysis of data across projects and reports on implementation and recommendations for future implementation.
We seek a person who;
- is a self-starter, makes things happen and is result oriented
- builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve objectives
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- understands the organization`s informal rules and structure and utilizes internal processes effectively to get things done
- demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area and participates in continuous development
- has ability to travel extensively in-country to locations of varying security and safety levels
- Relevant university education in social sciences/behavioral/communication sciences or an equivalent of qualifying experience
- At least 5 years working experience implementing social behavioral change and community engagement and accountability interventions with particular focus on health, DRR.
- Experience working in CEA relevant to epidemic/pandemic preparedness and response, developing SOPs, assessments, capacity building of teams.
- Track record of working with humanitarian teams in complex humanitarian settings preferably with previous experience within MENA region in general.
- Proven experience in development of CEA systems and strategies and CEA mainstreaming and behaviour/perception surveys.
- Fluency in English in required. Working proficiency of regional languages is an asset.
- International driving licence (manual gear) is required.
Country Programme Manager, Lebanon and embedded in the Lebanese Red Cross structure
Position is based in:
10 Months contract
Why should you apply?
Meaningful: You`ll be a part of the world’s largest humanitarian organization, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
Impact: You will help National Societies in the region to become strong, self-sustained and accountable humanitarian actors.
Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Norwegian Red Cross striving to build a working culture based on respect, honesty, and generosity.
We do a thorough background check on relevant candidate.