Human Resources Intern
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT
One Year, starting July 1st, 2024
$1,800/month, a stipend
Human Resources Specialist
CRISTA MINISTRIES VISION
To transform lives with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through sustainable, Biblical Christian ministries.
CRISTA MISSION STATEMENT
CRISTA is a family of Ministries empowered to serve the needs of the World with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
WORLD CONCERN VISION
A world transformed from poverty to the abundance of life.
MINISTRY MISSION STATEMENT
World Concern partners to transform the lives of poor and marginalized people through disaster response and sustainable community development. The love of Christ compels us to pursue reconciliation and equip those we serve so that they may in turn share with others.
- Christ-Centered: We approach our work by faith, prayerfully believing God will do the miraculous.
- Servanthood: We serve our world by meeting needs practically and spiritually.
- Uncompromising Integrity: We are honest, transparent, and trustworthy – reflecting Jesus in all we do.
- Holy Stewardship: We honor and maximize the potential of the resources, assets, and people God has entrusted to us.
- Unified Team: We are One CRISTA, united in the vision to transform lives with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Dignity: We seek to treat all people with equity and respect, celebrating and affirming their unique, God-given value as human beings.
- Excellence: We strive to excel in every aspect of our work and commit to continuously learning, innovating, and improving.
Human Resources (HR) intern will learn and apply international employment laws in HR projects. S/he will work closely with HR Specialist to provide support in administering of HR programs, processes, and systems. Also, s/he will work with International HR team to provide support in implementation of HR processes and systems in accordance with local rules and regulations. S/he will have an opportunity to learn and implement specific projects in Human Resources programs including but not limited to Recruitment, Onboarding, Employee Learning, compensation, and benefits.
(General overview and may not include all details of responsibilities)
- Keep up to date and learn International employment labor laws and HR regulations
- Collaborate with international HR team in updating Local Employee Handbooks and provide support in creating local policies and procedures
- Collaborate with HR Specialist to review and update HR policies
- Depending on job openings, manage job post on job boards, careers pages and social networks
- Screen job applications and resumes through online platform, supply the qualified candidates’ applications to hiring managers, and send rejection notifications to the unqualified candidates
- Work with hiring managers, interviewers, and job candidates to schedule interviews
- Perform background and reference checks for potential job candidates
- Assist in updating onboarding guidelines and conduct new hire evaluation.
- Work with country HR teams support on matters regarding employee learning and identify training that are suitable for employee by utilizing Training Needs Analysis
- Provide support in collecting salary and benefits survey and learn how to utilize the analysis to determine salary range for positions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Profession that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
- Lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles.
- Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Doctrinal Statement.
- Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
Currently enrolled in or completed a bachelor’s degree program in Human Resources Management or similar field.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience working as an HR intern or similar role in HR Department
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
- Familiarity with Human Resources Information System, ATS and resume databases
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint
CRISTA is a Christian, religious organization that lives out its faith-based mission through five ministries: CRISTA Camps, CRISTA Media, CRISTA Senior Living, King’s Schools, and World Concern. As permitted by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, CRISTA reserves the right to prefer employees and interns of a particular religion and to require its employees and interns to hold certain religious beliefs, engage in certain religious observances, and engage in or refrain from engaging in certain behavior, based on CRISTA’s religious beliefs. CRISTA’s employees and interns must agree with and support without reservation CRISTA’s Statement of Faith and must conduct themselves in accordance with the religious beliefs and practices that flow from that Statement of Faith and CRISTA’s Christian Community Policy.
Among those employees, interns and employment applicants who agree with and support without reservation and abide by the Statement of Faith and CRISTA’s Christian Community Policy, CRISTA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Based on its religious beliefs, CRISTA values and respects the dignity of all persons and appreciates the diversity of God’s creation.
How to apply