JOB TITLE: Data Management and Communications Intern
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT: One Year, starting July 1st, 2024
COMPENSATION: $1,800/month, a stipend
REPORTS TO: Program Development Manager
CRISTA MINISTRIES VISION
To transform lives with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through sustainable, Biblical Christian ministries.
CRISTA MISSION STATEMENT
CRISTA is a family of Ministries empowered to serve the needs of the World with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
WORLD CONCERN VISION
A world transformed from poverty to the abundance of life.
MINISTRY MISSION STATEMENT
World Concern partners to transform the lives of poor and marginalized people through disaster response and sustainable community development. The love of Christ compels us to pursue reconciliation and equip those we serve so that they may in turn share with others.
- Christ-Centered: We approach our work by faith, prayerfully believing God will do the miraculous.
- Servanthood: We serve our world by meeting needs practically and spiritually.
- Uncompromising Integrity: We are honest, transparent, and trustworthy – reflecting Jesus in all we do.
- Holy Stewardship: We honor and maximize the potential of the resources, assets, and people God has entrusted to us.
- Unified Team: We are One CRISTA, united in the vision to transform lives with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Dignity: We seek to treat all people with equity and respect, celebrating and affirming their unique, God-given value as human beings.
- Excellence: We strive to excel in every aspect of our work and commit to continuously learning, innovating, and improving.
The Data Management and Communications Intern/Fellow will work closely with country, regional, and headquarters staff to ensure high-quality project delivery. This position will specifically give interns the opportunity to learn and assist in developing, piloting, and revising new tools for Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (DMEAL). The position provides an opportunity to learn from global leaders through an apprenticeship approach.
(General overview and may not include all details of responsibilities)
- Participate in the review and development World Concern (WC) DMEAL strategy and approaches
- Review and develop DMEAL training materials
- Support the development of project work plans and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) tools for new grants (concept papers, expressions of interest, letters of inquiry, project proposals, budgets), and donor reports
- Support data management responsibilities in WC SharePoint and PowerBI
- Support in the development of materials for WC Communities of Practice in cross-cutting sectors such as gender, climate resilience, and economic livelihoods
- Support in training field staff as required
- Design and distribute communications materials such as reports, brochures, training guides, and media content
- Research global trends**,** donor priorities, approaches, and guidelines and share the findings with staff
The intern/fellow will learn and gain knowledge on data management and communications operations. Specifically, the person will:
- Acquire practical knowledge and skills related to data management in Microsoft applications
- Gain experience in providing technical support to country teams on different continents
- Develop interpersonal and communication skills
- Learn biblical perspectives and principles on international development and how to apply them in international development
- Acquire practical skills in grants development, monitoring and evaluation, and donor reporting
- Build a professional network through interaction with different international development organizations/experts
Personal conduct that reflects well on CRISTA Ministries and supports our personal conduct policy
Perform all duties consistent with the CRISTA Ministries Mission Statement
- Profession that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
- Lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles.
- Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Doctrinal Statement.
- Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
About to graduate or recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree program in Development Studies, Communications, Statistics, Rural Development, Sociology, Public Policy, or in any other relevant field (internship). Those with a master’s degree will have a distinct advantage and will be taken in as Fellowship.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience living cross-culturally and traveling internationally
- Keen interest to learn about the impact of data and communications to support under-resourced communities
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Email and internet-based communications (Skype, WhatsApp)
- Web-based file sharing (SharePoint, OneDrive, PowerBI)
- Graphic design platforms (Canva, Adobe Creative Suite)
CRISTA is a Christian, religious organization that lives out its faith-based mission through five ministries: CRISTA Camps, CRISTA Media, CRISTA Senior Living, King’s Schools, and World Concern. As permitted by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, CRISTA reserves the right to prefer employees and interns of a particular religion and to require its employees and interns to hold certain religious beliefs, engage in certain religious observances, and engage in or refrain from engaging in certain behavior, based on CRISTA’s religious beliefs. CRISTA’s employees and interns must agree with and support without reservation CRISTA’s Statement of Faith and must conduct themselves in accordance with the religious beliefs and practices that flow from that Statement of Faith and CRISTA’s Christian Community Policy.
Among those employees, interns and employment applicants who agree with and support without reservation and abide by the Statement of Faith and CRISTA’s Christian Community Policy, CRISTA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Based on its religious beliefs, CRISTA values and respects the dignity of all persons and appreciates the diversity of God’s creation.
How to apply