Management Systems International
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The United States Agency for International Development in Vietnam (USAID/Vietnam) intends to issue a Request for Proposals (RFP) for a five-year contract for the USAID Program Cycle Support program. USAID Program Cycle Support program will support USAID/Vietnam USAID staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective and transparent through the following objectives:
- To support the achievement of program development results through the use of evidence, performance management techniques, and CLA practices, focusing on the core tasks of the Program Cycle including design (including post-design support in seeking GVN project approval), performance tracking, and evaluation and research.
- To strengthen USAID/Vietnam staff and partners’ capacity to achieve expected development results, delivering short, on-demand training or coaching session tailored to USAID/Vietnam staff’s needs, capacity building for implementing partners on MEL/CLA and other implementation-related topics, and more general capacity building on organizational development for local partners, including potential ones, in support of the Mission’s localization agenda.
**Please note: Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible for this position**
The Senior Capacity Building Specialist will have primary responsibility for delivering the capacity building results of this project. The Senior Capacity Building Specialist will conduct organizational assessments, design improvement strategies, and develop and deliver training to build the capacity of USAID and its implementing partners, particularly local Vietnamese organizations. The full-time position will last for five years and be based Hanoi, Vietnam. This position is contingent upon award.
- Supervise all capacity building conducted under the contract.
- Select an appropriate organizational assessment protocol in conjunction with USAID and conduct organizational assessments of targeted organizations.
- Develop a customized capacity building strategy for each organization that has been assessed, including milestones for assessing progress.
- Develop new curriculum or adapt existing resources into learning modules drawing on adult learning methodologies, with most modules focused on monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate and deliver training; oversee delivery of training by other experts as needed.
- Follow up with assisted organizations and determine additional needs in an ongoing process of learning and adapting the capacity building approach.
- Master’s degree in a social science, development studies or related field preferred.
- Eight (8) years of direct experience in organizational capacity building, organizational development or training.
- Five (5) years of experience designing and delivering training for adult audiences.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation in international development contexts.
- Past work with USAID implementing partners preferred.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in organizational assessment.
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply
To apply: Please visit our website, Senior Capacity Building Specialist, Program Cycle Support Program, Hanoi, Vietnam – Tetra Tech Careers (selectminds.com)