Première Urgence Internationale
Starting date : 01/07/2022
Duration of mission : 12 months
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Afghanistan
Our mission in Afghanistan has been open since since 1980. PUI is developing its integrated approach in Health, Nutrition, MHPSS and Water-Hygiene-Sanitation. In addition, PUI works on a fixed-site intervention via primary health centers or first aid centers, in support of certain hospitals, or via the deployment of mobile clinics in the most remote areas. Today, the mission consists of 6 main projects, some of which are linked.
What about the Health Coordinator ?
As Health Coordinator, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the mission’s operational Health strategy as well as for the quality of current and future Health programmes throughout the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation phases. You will build the capacity of the mission’s Health department and provides technical support to the project teams and in particular to the Health Project Managers via a functional relationship. You will represent PUI to the authorities, humanitarian actors and donors within the Health sector.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Context analysis / Strategy / Development: You will participate in the development of the operational strategy in Health and contributes to the design of new relevant Health interventions on the mission based on the identified Health needs in the country, and in line with PUI’s Health policy and intervention framework. In coordination with the Health team, you will carry out epidemiological monitoring for the country and analyse strengths and weaknesses from a public health perspective.
- Programmes quality: You will provide technical support in your field of expertise to the programme teams, in particular to the Health Programme Managers, and ensure the quality and effectiveness of the mission’s Health programmes.
- Representation / Coordination: You will ensure PUI’s external representation for the Health sector to partners, donors, national authorities and local actors. You will represent PUI in the Health Cluster / Health sector coordination group meetings. You will contribute to the good information sharing within the Health sector.
- Human Resources / Training: You will provide technical support to the project teams and in particular to the Health teams. You will provide support to the project managers for the recruitment of technical staff in Health. Working alongside the Head of Mission (HoM) and/or the Deputy HoM for Programs and the HQ Health Advisor, you will identify key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and gaps within Health department. You will supervise the content of Health training and the quality of Health activities on the basis of identified needs.
- Logistics and Administration: You will ensure the teams under your responsibility follow logistic and administrative procedures and keep the logistic and administrative departments informed of any relevant developments.
- Security: You will contribute to the compliance with security rules on the mission and share all information related to security with your line manager and/or to the mission’s security manager. You will contribute when necessary to the choice of referral options for the health care of the mission’s expatriates.
The challenges that await you
-security and political developments that oftentimes impacts on the planning, execution of the tasks and pursue of the objectives;
-large team with new staff members across the chains at the deputy level and sectorial referents;
-relatively complex programing that involves health integrated with nutrition, WaSH and PSS, as well as community-based combined with the response in the static
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Medical diploma or a Paramedic training, and completed a Medical Internship. If you got a Master’s degree in Pharmacy, Public Health or Project management, it would be an asset.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience in the field with international NGOs in medical project coordination. A previous experience as Medical Coordinator or in an equivalent position would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You master humanitarian project management and team management, you have a detailed knowledge of donors prerequisites. You also have excellent writing skills.
- Qualities : You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, the ability to make decisions, trustworthiness and a sense of responsibility, organisational skills, reactivity, ability to be thorough and to adapt. You have a strong ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Congratulations and welcome to the team. We all look forward to greeting you in person and having you introduced to the specificities of our Mission – what we do and who we are. Lots of good wishes for the upcoming months and new assignment! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 650,00 – 3 130,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill the form on our career site.