Chemonics International seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID/Jordan Fiscal Empowerment and Continuous Harmonization of Public Financial Management for Optimized Economic Growth (FISCAL-ECHO) Project. This five-year activity seeks to promote economic growth within the country and facilitate the implementation of the Economic Modernization Vision by improving fiscal policies and the public financial management performance in Jordan. The project aims to foster economic growth, create a more favorable business climate, and encourage public strategic investments in addition to fiscal stability and improve public financial management performance.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall management of the project, setting strategic direction and a long-term vision for project implementation. They will supervise senior staff, serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Jordan and other counterparts, and ensure the project’s compliance with the USAID-approved project workplan and reporting and compliance requirements. This position is anticipated to be based in Amman, Jordan. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Anticipated responsibilities include:
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the activity and serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters, including responsibility for making key decisions and solving programmatic problems in a timely manner
- Build, manage, and maintain effective working relationships with the USAID, CSOs and NGOs, the Government of Jordan, and other relevant stakeholders
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify programmatic assistance to achieve results; ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Ensure the activity meets high standards for performance and integrity that comply with applicable regulations and Chemonics policies
- Oversee contract management, including personnel; budget; reporting; subcontracts and grants management; monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL); and communications, security
- Supervise senior management, technical and administrative staff, and subcontractors
- Facilitate close collaboration and teamwork, including mentorship and development of local technical and administrative staff
- Serve as the primary liaison between USAID/Jordan and other key stakeholders including Government of Jordan counterparts, other implementing partners, and Chemonics Washington on all program-related matters
- Advanced degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in international development, economics, public policy, or other relevant field
- Senior professional with at least ten years of progressively responsible experience managing relevant donor-funded programs, preferably in the Middle East or North Africa. USAID leadership experience preferred
- Proven experience as Chief of Party or in a leadership position with strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience working in public financial management, economic reform, fiscal policy, and public-private partnership development
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with government officials, NGOs/grantees, local media, the private sector, and other donors
- Strong managerial, administrative, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability and experience managing large teams in culturally diverse settings
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English is required; Arabic fluency preferred
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications with attached CVs and cover letters using this link by March 15.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.