International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over 100 countries and implemented over 300 projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL) and institutional support across many areas and sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, agriculture, economic growth, food security, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Department/Location: MERL/ Amman, Jordan
Reports To: COP
Supervise: Security & Admin Manager
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking an experienced Compliance Manager to support the Yemen Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Project (YMELP II), a USAID third-party monitoring (TPM), and verification contract. The purpose of this contract is to monitor USAID humanitarian assistance and verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in Yemen.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and oversee the work of the Security and Admin Manager in Yemen to ensure that the project field office and subcontracting firms comply with the relevant corporate and USAID regulations, and local laws.
- Ensure the admin, finance, security protocols and practices in the Jordan and Yemen project offices comply with USAID regulations and local laws.
- Develop and maintain control systems and compliance plans, procedures, and reports to measure risk and identify non-conformity issues within the Jordan and Yemen project offices and subcontractor activities.
- Develop internal guidelines based on Office of Inspector General (OIG) guidelines and relevant literature to ensure that guidelines, due diligence measures, and mitigation plans are embedded in the TPM process and practices.
- Assist the technical teams to be familiar with OIG instructions to incorporate in the monitoring tools and the misconduct flagging system.
- Conduct training and awareness sessions for YMELP II staff and subcontractor personnel to ensure compliance with OIG guidelines, relevant corporate and USAID standards and regulations, and local laws.
- Based on project resources, best-judgement and experience, provide COP and relevant senior management regular reports on early warning signs and one-off indications of rick within the project, including technical data process flow. In addition, regular reports on potential systemic issues and necessary checks, mitigation, and follow-up measures.
- Ensure the financial tasks for the Jordan and Yemen project offices are completed as per regulations and address the requirements of HO.
- In coordination with COP and HO, prepare the monthly financial forecast for Jordan & Yemen project offices.
- Conduct due diligence on reported expenditures for the Yemen office and ensure a control system for compliance is in place.
- Conduct bank reconciliation for the Jordan and Yemen project offices and maintain all records required for HO and the external audit firm(s).
- Ensure that the local employee handbook is up-to-date and reflects the relevant corporate policies, USAID regulations, local law, and common business practices.
- Liaise with the external audit firm(s) on reviewing timesheets, payroll, and audit requirements.
- Liaise with the HO security unit and serve as a security focal point for Jordan to ensure the safety and security of in-country staff and operations.
- Map the context and carry out due diligence on contractors and suppliers to ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties and tasks as directed by the COP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified compliance/auditing/management accountant is a preference.
- Seven years of overall experience in auditing/accounting/compliance; four of them with a USAID focus. (Junior graduates with professional certifications in auditing/compliance/management accountant are also encouraged to apply. A balance of years of experience and professional certification will be applied.)
- In-depth knowledge of USAID standards and regulations specifically ADS standards and OIG guidelines.
- Demonstrable experience in internal technical compliance and technical data process flows according to USAID standards.
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legal responsibility.
- An analytical mindset able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience in managing teams or subordinates and working seamlessly across different teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence, with an ability to develop and maintain productive relationships
- If appropriate, visit the counterparts in office and subcontracting firms in Yemen.
- Ability to work in a hybrid work environment which includes both in-office and remote work arrangements.
- Oral and written fluency in English required, fluency in another language preferred.
Education: Bachelor of Arts or higher in Auditing, Internal Controls, Accounting, Finance, Law, or Governance
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: No internationall travel.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Aden, Yemen
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education & human capacity development, energy & infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page, https://careers.ibtci.com/jobs).
How to apply
Deadline: 9 Mar 2024