iMMAP Inc. is an international non-governmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP Inc.’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
We are seeking a highly skilled Web Developer with expertise in Vue.js, Java Spring Boot, and PostgreSQL to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will contribute to the development and maintenance of our software applications, ensuring high performance, reliability, and scalability.
Description of Duties
- Develop and maintain robust and scalable web applications and/or add new features to existing applications using Java Spring Boot and Vue.js.
- Develop and implement user interface designs and ensure high-quality user experience standards.
- Understanding and implementing database schemas, queries, and optimizations using PostgreSQL.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues to ensure optimal performance and user experience.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code following best practices and coding standards.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and industry trends to drive continuous improvement.
- Any other duties that may further the project’s objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, with a minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience.
- Proficiency in Vue.js framework development on both version 2 and 3.
- Experience in developing restful APIs using Java Spring Boot framework and/or Python.
- Familiarity in PostgreSQL database design and management including skills in SQL language.
- Experience in developing frontend mapping components using Leaflet.js.
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g., Git) and agile development methodologies.
- Experience in building Progressive Web Applications (PWAs) is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities within a team environment.
Personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs, and iMMAP Inc.’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP Inc. has zero tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse, and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
If you are interested in a vacancy, please apply on our career site – https://careers.immap.org/jobs/1274
Deadline: 7 Mar 2024