World Health Organization
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide timely and efficient support to the Country Office in the area of supplies management and warehousing.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Assure during receptions, that our Logistic/WH LTA conducts proper inspection, and assess for damage, quality, quantity and safety of all incoming consignments of medicines and equipment, and verify against the waybills, GRNs, purchase orders, or conduct the reception yourself if required.
2. Conduct the clearance and assure arrangements for proper storage (including inventory and stock control) of drugs and medical supplies and equipment according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
3. Undertake any necessary data entry of arrived items, and any encoding of data through GSM (GIMS) module, if and as implemented.
4. Undertake any assigned regular reporting, and any necessary compilation of inventory/stock data in collaboration with OSL SCM and Data Reporting Officer
5. Notify supervisors and prepare reports for goods delivered in a damaged condition or wrong quantities for reporting to our LTA service provider, initiating insurance claims or return of items.
6. Maintain records and monitor receiving reports and delivery notes of medical supplies and equipment, including documents of local and global purchase orders.
7. Maintain regular contacts with any counterparts in other UN Agencies, NGOs and Government authorities relevant for your work.
8. Participate in the timely delivery and distribution of medical supplies and equipment to designated recipients, as well as to other Hubs of the CO, based on the received requests and ensure that all necessary documents are prepared for distributions/deliveries.
9. Participate in periodical physical inspection of items in stock and give input/organize with SCM and LTA service provider the disposal of obsolete and old items. Assure LTA service provider is performing the monthly report accurately with stock positions, expiry dates, and stock-in and stock-out reporting.
10. In collaboration with the relevant staff colleagues (procurement and admin), follow up with assure confirmation for the receipt of deliverables so other colleages can initiate and finalize any POs and related invoice payments.
11. Monitor the LTA service provider on, and brief other warehouse staff / store keepers on drugs storage SOPs.
12. Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Essential: Completion of secondary, technical, or vocational education supplemented by logistics/supply training.
Desirable: Higher education from an accredited educational institution an asset (involving but not limited to – University degree in development economics, business, administration, logistics, supply chain management or related area). Training or knowledge of supply management and monitoring.
Essential: At least 5 years of progressive experience in the area of warehouse, supply, and/or logistics work OR a combination of a relevant Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience in the area of warehouse, supply, and/or logistics work in lieu of the 5 years of experience outlined.
Desirable: Relevant experience working with health commodities (medical supplies and drugs). Relevant experience with international humanitarian organizations and/or UN agencies.
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English and Local language.
Desirable: Knowledge of any other official UN language.
2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
4. Producing results
5. Knowing and managing yourself
Good reporting, data management, filing and organizational skills.
Demonstrated time management and stress management skills.
Good knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices/procedures and routines is an asset.
Ability to operate PC and excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Knowledge of WHO intranet and GSM will need to be acquired.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 19,696 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to apply
Deadline: 15 Feb 2024