International Organization for Migration
Position Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Duty Station: IOM Philippines Country Office (Cotabato City)
Classification: General Service Staff, G-4
Type of Appointment: Special Vacancy Notice, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 19 February 2024
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, it works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. It is one of the factors that makes the organization qualified to deal with the complex issue of migration. IOM sees that diversity is one of the organizational strengths.
IOM aims to foster an inclusive workplace where everyone treats each other (including colleagues and beneficiaries) with dignity and respect.
Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the administrative supervision of the Head of Cotabato Office with technical supervision of National Resource Management Officer) and direct supervision from the Sr Procurement and Logistics Assistant, the incumbent will be accountable and responsible for performing a range of procurement and logistics functions for the mission projects in line with IOM policies, rules and regulations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist on implementation of overall supply chain workplan for Cotabato Sub Office Marawi and Zamboanga satellite Offices.
2. Collaborate with Operations team to set up resilient supply chains.
3. Assist in preparing procurement plan in coordination with the supervisor and operations unit.
4. Act as a Procurement Purchase Processor in PRISM. Prepare purchase orders and request ensure authorization by the relevant approvers and designated signatories.
5. Update Vendors Master List and participate in supplier selection and evaluation processes.
6. Follow-up on purchase order status and keep relevant requesting staff informed of estimated times of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
7. Provide all necessary documentation to vendors regarding VAT and Customs Exemption and follow up. When assigned, process documentation so ensure that mission obtains access to duty free goods/services entitlements.
8. Assist in the managing of the supply chain, according to IOM procedures, to ensure facilitate timely supply of quality goods and service to projects.
9. Verify IOM logistics procedures and processes are followed in the IOM warehouse including filing and archiving of documents.
10. Prepare Request for payment/OIPA on received goods and services and ensure request authorization by the relevant approvers and designated signatories and related supporting documents are uploaded into E-filing database.
11. Verify assets are correctly assigned to custodians, as well as ensuring assets are tagged to a new custodian when a staff member surrenders such assets upon separation from service.
12. Prepare daily vehicle movement schedule in coordination with Operations team.
13. Support timely renews of IOM vehicle registrations and fleet cards are timely renewed and updated.
14. Check that vehicle log sheets are properly filled in and always available for reference.
15. Monitor the efficiency of fuel utilization and other consumables.
16. Assist with Logistics, ensuring delivered items are transported to the locations where they are required. Assist in reviewing the monthly logistics reports and advise the Senior Procurement and the Head of Office where there are irregularities or areas of concern that needs follow up.
17. Assist with warehouse operations, ensuring verifying that stocks/goods are properly received, issued and accounted for.
18. Participate on project team meetings as part of updating during implementation and in applying recommendations if necessary.
19. Document best practices and identify success stories of procurement processes and in applying this in project implementations.
20. Support the project team in coordination with the project management team including providing context-based recommendations for cost-efficient and effective delivery of services.
21. Support on monitoring project services and deliveries are carried out in a timely and efficient manner including providing guidance to local partners involved in the field implementation.
22. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Operations Management, Business Administration and Management or a related field from accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; Or,
- High School degree in above field with four years of relevant experience.
- Experience in management and professional experience in one or more of the procurement and logistics ancillary sectors, material control, transport and distribution management, inventory, building management and construction.
- Experience in supply chain management of which one year in any UN system or any multi-cultural organization will be an advantage;
- Experience in procurement in international and/or government process;
- Experience in using SAP and ORACLE system, MS office applications such as Word and Excel.
- Knowledge on the dynamics and context in Provinces of Lanao and Marawi City is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints; accurate and detail oriented.
- Knowledge on supply management, logistics and warehousing and product quality control.
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Respect and promote individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Maintain high ethical standards and act in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Shows compassion for others, and makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators level 1
- Develop and promote effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page), a résumé highlighting the required education and experience, and a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit this link (four pages).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via [email protected] not later than 19 February 2024. Position title and SVN Number (SVN 2024 003 – Supply Chain Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.