Norwegian People's Aid
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) was founded in 1939 as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation. Our vision is Solidarity in Action, and we aim to improve people’s living conditions and to create societies that are more just and more democratic. In Norway, we have around 14000 members, and in total 2500 employees working in more than 30 countries around the world. NPA’s core areas are International Development, Humanitarian Assistance, Humanitarian Mine Action and Disarmament, First Aid and Rescue Services and International Solidarity, Anti-Racism & Inclusion. In all our interventions, we continuously work to reduce our climate- and environmental impact.
We are looking for a Special Advisor Safeguarding (Maternity Cover) to join our global team for 12 months.
Location: Head Office in Oslo, Norway, with the possibility of working remotely from an NPA programme country.
- An exciting and challenging opportunity to help grow and shape NPA’s Safeguarding work in the many different environments we work in
- Five weeks holiday per year with flexi-time and extra days off for Christmas and Easter
- Benefits: e.g. hybrid work, a comprehensive pension and insurance scheme and reduced working hours between May 15th and September 15th
- The position is ideally based centrally in Oslo, and we offer assistance with regards to working visa and tax card if required
- An exciting and intercultural workplace in modern office premises
- Salary according to education and relevant experience, between 591 511 – 700 567 NOK
- Please note that this contract is fixed term for 12 months.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a senior or specialist role related to the prevention of and response to cases related to Sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (SEAH) and Safeguarding, with a good understanding of all related areas, i.e. children, adults at risk
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or experience of working in a related area (for example social science, human resources law, criminal law, social work, psychology, human rights, gender or gender-based violence, international affairs, public health)
- Experience managing and coordinating Safeguarding investigations or similarly sensitive cases, certification related to investigative methodology and interview techniques relevant to the field would be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of safety and dignity requirements of survivors and other persons related to such cases
- Excellent communication stills including the ability to present and convey sensitive messages in a wise and engaging way
- Willingness to travel to visit partners, employees and project sites.
What you will do
- Case management in individual cases, supporting managers in all parts of the organisation to respond and ensure legal treatment in all reported cases
- Responsible for capacity development of non-specialists and for raising awareness and training at all levels in the organisation: including developing and piloting new Safeguarding tools for cooperating partner organisations, creation and delivery of a training roll out plan, launching a new Safeguarding Focal Point ToR, and coordinating an application system for staff who want to receive more investigations training
- Strategic and technical advice to Head Office, national and country programmes in all areas related to Safeguarding
- Relationship building and reporting to relevant stakeholders, donors and partners.
Instructions for applying
How to apply
Please apply online by the 6th of August 2023. Please note that interviews might take place continously and before the application deadline.
We continuously strive for more diversity and inclusion across the organisation. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. You will hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline.
We kindly ask you to carefully read NPA’s Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy, and Anti-Corruption Policy before you submit your application. If you are the selected candidate for this position, you will be asked to complete and sign a Safeguarding self-declaration as well as our Code of Conduct.
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.