NetHope enables humanitarian organizations to better serve individuals and communities in the developing world through smarter use of technology. Working at the intersection of the international NGO sector, private business and technology innovation, NetHope is a Membership organization currently serving over 65 leading humanitarian, development, and conservation organizations around the world. NetHope empowers our Member organizations to collaborate, innovate, and leverage the full potential of information and communications technology to support their work in 190 countries. NetHope and our Members partner with over 70 of the world’s leading technology firms to create innovative solutions to existing and emerging challenges, and to reimagine how technology can improve our world.
This is an exciting time at NetHope as the organization builds on strong relationships within the philanthropic community and seeks to generate revenue to deliver innovative programs and services in collaboration with members and partners. The Senior Partnership Manager will play an important role in stewarding current partners, deepening relationships and opening new revenue channels while working with a dynamic and passionate group of colleagues to accomplish this goal.
Senior Partnership Manager
NetHope is seeking an energetic, collaborative, and proven fundraising professional to steward corporate philanthropy for NetHope’s mission. The Senior Partnership Manager will manage the development, design, and implementation of select partner programs within assigned portfolio; launch and implement an employee giving program and support the philanthropic efforts of the organization in an entrepreneurial, fast-growing fundraising environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with Chief Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer and Deputy Director of Partnerships and Philanthropy (Department Leadership), implement partnership strategy, with a focus on stewarding and deepening relationships with current partners, identifying opportunities for revenue growth and deeper support of NetHope’s mission.
- Responsible for account management for key partners within assigned portfolio to include preparing project/program plan for the year with program leads that aligns partner and Member interests; prepare supplemental collateral for the year for planning, updating and reporting needs; prepare content, identify participants, schedule and manage regular calls and reporting; actively seeks opportunities for collaboration and participation around key global events and partner events/activity throughout the year.
- Create integrated account management of major donors that have complex program portfolio through internal coordination and prioritization.
- Build and implements engagement plans for each partner within assigned portfolio to steward their journey in NetHope while working with assigned internal program lead to implement project activity of partnership.
- Collaborate with Engagement team to identify and uncover opportunities for NetHope’s partners to engage with Membership and associated events such as Regional Chapter meetings, and thematic Working Groups, and NetHope Summit.
- Manages in-kind or similar partnerships, engaging with NetHope through our work in Emergency Preparedness and Response or Member engagement. Supports active engagement and communication with partner network during an emergency response in coordination with program leads.
- In collaboration with Department Leadership, develop and implement partner onboarding and offboarding processes focused on areas of opportunity and communication across the organization.
- In collaboration with the Partnership Manager, prepare quarterly and annual performance reports for partners within portfolio gathering inputs from program leads, MEAL data, and financial information. Prepare regular interim reports and final annual reports in collaboration with NetHope program leaders and coordinate with grant channels if needed.
- Work closely with internal team to maintain key partnership materials as well as communications assets to elevate the visibility NetHope to current supporters and prospects and support partner recognition and visibility.
- Regularly updates and engages NetHope staff, Management Team, and Senior Leadership Team in partnership activities.
Digital Breakthrough Initiative Partnership Management
- Responsible for account management for Digital Breakthrough Initiative Partnership including preparing project/program plan for the year with program leads; working across internal team while implementing supporting activities to ensure key milestones are met; developing and maintaining templates for regular updates, meetings, and reporting; maintaining a regular cadence of communication with Partner point of contact and key partner staff; and other related tasks ensure grant compliance.
- Implements a focused program of stewardship activities to deepen partnership and support Partner staff engagement.
- Seeks opportunities for engagement with Partner and NetHope to collaborate, especially around global events, Partner events, and key moments during year.
- Maintains and updates collateral and Partner website to ensure impact and achievements of Partnership are visible and stories are elevated.
- In collaboration with Department Leadership, develop and launch a robust employee giving program that opens employee giving channels; actively seeks NetHope’s participation in employee resource groups; engages NetHope’s subject matter experts in opportunities; provides NetHope thought leadership for internal partner channels, events, and communications; and shares partnership impact stories and metrics leading to revenue generation and growth.
- Supports annual giving, annual volunteer days, challenge match moments, and related activities throughout partnership network.
- Supports aspects of dynamic corporate and donor proposals as assigned including writing, preparation of supporting documentation, pitch decks, contracts, agendas and stewardship materials.
- Coordinates prospect and donor meetings, draft and distribute department agendas and notes, and draft communications on behalf of the Chief Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer and other leaders.
- Support the Chief Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer and Senior Leadership Team in donor outreach and stewardship activities.
- Assist in the development of partner prospecting and research, gift reporting and data integrity, track proposal opportunities and support pipeline accountability.
- Support moves management tracking and revenue reporting for portfolio and support overall development reporting for the organization.
- Build relationships with external funders through meetings, correspondence, and regular communication.
- Document, track, and manage all prospects through an internal CRM and generate reports.
- Work collaboratively with NetHope staff to maintain donor collateral, engage in impactful outreach strategies and ensure excellent donor stewardship.
- Maintain list of important NetHope contacts, prospects, donors, and partners for invitation to and engagement at high level events and CEO engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A passion for NetHope’s mission and for working collaboratively and nimbly in a fast-paced dynamic global environment
- Cultural sensitivity across all aspects of work
- Values and encourages diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives
- Solid judgement including handling of sensitive information
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach
- Excellent at working in a networked & virtual team environment
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to detail in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to work independently; strong organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills, with experience setting up systems and processes to ensure robust grants management processes across teams.
- Commitment to proactive collaboration with cross-departmental staff to understand the needs and strategy for required resourcing and the ability to navigate complex conversations and concepts.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience meeting ambitious annual targets in previous position(s) with a focus in corporate philanthropy, account management, and donor stewardship.
- Superior writing skills, with ability to quickly synthesize detailed program information and professionally prepare funder-facing materials to include dynamic pitch materials and presentations, fact sheets, concept notes, proposals, donor reports and updates.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders, navigating complex conversations to drive decision-making on corporate philanthropy opportunities.
- Multilingual verbal and written communication skills a plus
Education and Experience
- Five to eight years of experience in progressively responsible development positions with a focus in corporate philanthropy or sales, CSR programs, employee giving programs, and donor stewardship. Knowledge of international humanitarian and development sectors a plus.
- Proven experience in philanthropic program management.
- Proven ability to communicate, present, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred or equivalent work experience
- NetHope Member experience highly valued, other NGO experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce, prospect research and project management systems preferred
Reporting and Working Conditions:
- This position is a full-time position that reports to the Deputy Director of Partnerships and Philanthropy and works closely workstream leads and departments across the organization. In managing the Digital Breakthrough Initiative Partnership, this position works closely with the Chief Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer.
- NetHope is a virtual organization, so our team, our Members, and our Partners are located around the world. Due to the global nature of the organization, meetings may thus be required at any time of the day to meet with our stakeholders in varying time zones. To meet these needs, NetHope embraces flexible schedules for team members, and we work with each other to be located globally, but still maintain a reasonable work time balance.
- As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants with diverse backgrounds from various locations, and who may have non-traditional work patterns.
- NetHope is a networked team-oriented environment with staff working across functional areas to produce high-quality programs, services, and connections with our Members. We value open communication and believe that a staff working as a team produces the best outcomes.
- This position is 100% remote and virtual. International or domestic travel may be required for up to 2 NetHope events annually.
How to apply
How to Apply
Should this opportunity interest you, please submit your application here. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email submission. Applications will be accepted until July 20, 2023.
NetHope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.