Management Systems International
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 40-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), peace and conflict, education, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the Millenium Challenge Corporation to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) Sudan Monitoring Project (SMP). The purpose of the Sudan Monitoring Project (SMP) is to provide third-party monitoring and evaluation services for USAID BHA’s funded humanitarian program activities in Sudan. These services will prioritize monitoring, verifying, and analyzing trends in programs implemented in Sudan’s South Kordofan and Blue Nile regions (also referred to as the Two Regions) as Task One. The secondary services, or Task Two, will include monitoring, verification, and analysis of interventions implemented in other inaccessible states and/or localities in Sudan. The third service, or Task Three, would include an optional evaluation or set of evaluations that USAID/BHA will activate as needed.
**Please note: Candidate must be willing to relocate to Nairobi.**
MSI is seeking a Senior Monitoring Specialist who will provide technical guidance to all team members and conduct quality control and review for all M&E-related products. In addition to regular TPM and situational analysis reports for implementing partners (IPs) and USAID/BHA, they are responsible for questionnaires, training materials for enumerators, and organization of and participation in knowledge sharing & learning activities as well as oversight of the optional evaluations that will be conducted.
- Draft report templates and oversee data analysis and the development of all reports.
- Draft monitoring instruments that will be reviewed by the COP.
- Participate in consultations with BHA and BHA implementing partners.
- Guide trainings and capacity building of field monitors, field supervisors and data collection partner staff.
- Work with STTA subject matter experts (e.g., for health, livelihoods, WASH, Food Security) to plan and implement TPM activities, including engaging experts to develop instruments, conduct field visits and oversee data analysis.
- Responsible for all learning activities and data quality assessments (DQAs) and for ensuring quality control of all M&E products, including questionnaires, data analysis and reports.
- Develop statements of work for optional evaluations, oversee hiring of evaluation team, supervise design and data collection, review draft reports and ensure findings are effectively disseminated.
- Supervise teams of field supervisors, field monitors and data analysts.
- Master’s degree in statistics, social sciences, public health, or a related field required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of M&E experience, including conducting and managing quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis related to humanitarian or development assistance required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing diverse teams working on M&E, preferably including TPM required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of policies and best practices related to M&E and data quality assurance required.
- Familiarity with issues related to the implementation of humanitarian assistance activities for refugees and IDPs, food aid, and food security preferred.
- Familiarity and experience with donor-supported humanitarian assistance operations in Sudan is preferred.
- Supervisory experience, including technical and administrative management of subcontractors required.
- Experience working with USAID and/or other international donors required.
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and team management skills required.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communications skills. Arabic skills are a plus.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How to apply