International Organization for Migration
Position Title : Senior ICT Officer (Global User Support)
Duty Station : Manila, Philippines
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 27 June 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. External female candidates:
3. Candidate from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Curaçao; Fiji; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Madagascar; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states of IOM and female candidates.
This position is based in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) which is headed by the Director of MAC.
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the Divisions with its operations delocalized to MAC. The Global User Support (GUS) Team is spread between Manila, Geneva and Panama City in a follow-the-sun manner.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Information Officer and direct supervision of the Chief, Enterprise Architecture & Technology, in close coordination with other unit heads within the
Department of ICT, the Senior ICT Officer (Global User Support) will be responsible for the lead role in conceiving, planning, scheduling, designing, deploying and managing all activities related to the ICT User Support, ensuring productivity and an outstanding level of customer service delivered by technical support staff. The Senior ICT Officer (Global User Support) will lead the Team through proactive planning while promoting a flexible and adaptable team environment, prioritizing work and ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide corporate leadership, vision and direction for the GUS systems and define standard processes and policies of operations for Teams located in Manila, Panama City and Geneva.
2. Identify and lead the assessment of inefficiency and drive process improvement to enhance the productivity of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) staff in coordination with users and business process owners.
3. Manage the performance of the GUS activities and documented resolutions, ,through technical expertise and guidance for the identification of areas for improvement.
4. Lead the research, evaluation and selection of new technologies related to user support and conduct cost and feasibility studies.
5. Analyse current set up, tools and processes, and define, develop and implement GUS strategies and approaches.
6. Define and implement the target state and develop a plan to simplify and standardize processes while streamlining resources to provide user support to all IOM Country Offices (CO) worldwide.
7. Define and track metrics and key performance indicators to raise the bar in team performance and customer service in alignment with industry best practice.
8. In collaboration with other teams and IOM COs, plan for and manage the support of new tools and services and improving the level of support provided for existing ones.
9. Advocate for and promote excellent customer service, effective response times and provide expert insights into general support issues. Develop and implement quality of service guidelines and policies for dealing with customers, completing services, and overall customers’ satisfaction.
10. Authoritatively respond to inquiries, reduces contacts and escalations, and establish partnerships with key customers and service owners.
11. Identify and lead the implementation of opportunities for performance improvement of hardware, software and any supporting infrastructure and supporting services by employing Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
12. Represent the GUS Team, the ICT Division and the organization in a positive and constructive manner. Provide timely and authoritative advice on overall systems status and operational issues as required by support and customer groups.
13. Ensure the development of user guides procedures, schedules and compliance related documentation, in alignment with global standards, policies and strategies, striving to maximize adoption of staff self-service capabilities.
14. Ensure the application of approved procedures and industry best practices on performance, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of applicable systems or solutions to deployed systems.
15. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Network Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or,
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional Certification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 and/or ITIL Service Desk certification is a distinct advantage.
• Minimum seven years of experience managing a large enterprise client support team (IT helpdesk, service desk support preferred);
• Extensive project management experience and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels (technical and business audiences) and in different situations;
• Solid experience and understanding of enterprise IT systems such as Exchange and Active
Directory, as well as exposure to a wide variety of technical products and issues;
• Experience with Fresh Service ITSM and robust troubleshooting; and,
• Demonstrated experience implementing service improvement processes in response to performance metrics or service level agreements.
• Strong development and analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application/ operational requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with Superior technical aptitude and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Proven ability to operate in an extreme high pressure dynamic fast paced situation, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to deliver on the timelines; Strong personal ownership and ability to set and meet high professional standards, flexible and responsive work style.
• Demonstrate expert application of analytical and problem-solving skills and creative thinking. Ability to develop clear and concise documentation.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 27 June 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 14.06.2022 to 27.06.2022
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2022 157 Senior ICT Officer (Global User Support) (P4) Manila, Philippines (57628631) Released
Posting: Posting NC57628641 (57628641) Released