International Research and Exchanges Board
** This position is remote-based. Applicants from marginalized or underrepresented groups and those based in the Asia, Africa, Europe/Eurasia, Latin America and Caribbean, and Middle East/North Africa regions are highly encouraged to apply. **
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600.
IREX seeks qualified Senior Gender Advisor (SGA) candidates to support an anticipated five-year USAID-funded inclusive development activity to bolster Missions and DC-based operating units’ ability to represent and address the needs of marginalized, under-represented populations and/or people in vulnerable situations (MUGPVs). The activity will address programmatic gaps to respond to the needs and priorities of MUGVPs and communities of all diverse identities and experiences and build the capacity of organizations that serve MUGVPs to help them meet their goals. The SGA will be responsible for the integration of gender consideration throughout the implementation of the activity, which will include providing support on the development and implementation of gender analyses, for the Leader and Associate Awards.
This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide support on the development and implementation of gender analyses and prioritize gender as a cross-cutting initiative.
- Provide technical support and guidance for the effective management of gender-sensitive activities, including monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Ensure integration of gender issues into programmatic selection criteria and activity design to facilitate the full and active participation of those with diverse sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or sex characteristic.
- Provide gender-related capacity support for consortium members and local organizations to professionalize and foster more gender-sensitive approaches and skills.
- Coordinate relevant studies and assessments to advance gender equality and pursue gender as a key inclusive development issue.
- Provide GESI training to staff and develop learning content to train, coach, or mentor staff and others in the implementation of gender-sensitive programs.
- Support use and assessment of gender analysis in training resources and tools for project partners and participants, including co-design and co-facilitation of gender-sensitive trainings with program teams.
- Oversee the program’s activities targeting gender and social inclusion issues and facilitate opportunities for cross-learning, including regional and cross-regional collaboration.
- Serve as core member of project leadership team responsible for providing strategic and technical leadership to the project.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree (or higher) in: Gender Studies, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Anthropology/Sociology, or other relevant fields (or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a relevant area).
- Ten (10) years of professional experience in gender and social inclusion issues and implementation.
- Practical experience in leading gender mainstreaming, intersection of gender and other marginalized identities and implementation of gender-sensitive projects and programs.
- Experience in gender mainstreaming, analysis, research, designing gender policies, strategies, guidelines, and training manuals.
- Experience with inclusive stakeholder consultation, and with ensuring the input and voices of under-represented groups, including women are heard.
- Demonstrated understanding of gender dynamics.
- Demonstrated experience working with marginalized groups and integrating relevant consideration into programmatic approaches.
- Fluency in English is required.
IREX is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff and will honor your unique experiences, perspectives, and identity. IREX strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are just, inclusive, and welcoming, because we believe every member on our team enriches our collective effort by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. Our goal is not only to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at IREX, but also to increase equity and justice on a global scale.
How to apply
Click on https://irex.applytojob.com/apply/SuEbDkN0xg/Senior-Gender-Advisor-USAIDInclusive-Development-And-Equitable-Assistance-IDEA-LWA to submit your CV and cover letter summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations.