We are searching for a Regional Manager to serve with our International Projects Department in Boone, NC and provide headquarters-level support to our offices in Western Africa. As a Regional Manager, you will support the Regional Director to build, develop, and implement project activity across the region. Do you have experience as a manager and leader in an international context? This is a great opportunity to support the work and make a difference. Come join our team as we serve to make an eternal impact.
A day in the life of a Regional Manager, West Africa:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Regional Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Support the Regional Director to create, articulate, and disseminate a clear vision and strategy for Samaritan’s Purse programing in the region.
- Work with relevant Headquarters and field-level staff to ensure all grants, awards, and internally funded programs are implemented according to guidelines and donor requirements.
- Analyze data and background materials in order to provide guidance to and support Regional Director(s) and key decision makers.
- Assume lead responsibility for managing specific partner projects and relationships. Keep Regional Director(s) informed of status, information, needs, and concerns related to partners.
- Establish funding and evaluation criteria, send guidelines to perspective partners, evaluate program proposals, make funding recommendations, and monitor currently funded programs.
- Investigate and determine new opportunities for partnership in existing countries and other countries in the region.
- Work with the relevant field level staff to provide additional detailed information as requested for communications purposes.
- Work with the Field Offices and Headquarters HR staff to manage all HR processes required of the field offices related to International Field Staff (IFS). This includes managing the flow of applicants, conducting interviews, and providing timely and relevant reports for field and headquarters level staff.
- Assist the Field Office headquarter-level support with all aspects of procurement including planning, bid justifications, and contracts.
- Liaise with Regional Director(s), Country Directors, and Communications to ensure that all relevant partner programs and field office projects are listed on the Samaritan’s Purse web site and kept current.
- Provide surge capacity and assumes additional responsibilities for Regional Director(s) during absence due to travel, disaster response, or vacancy.
- All other duties as assigned.
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university and three (3) to five (5) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Finance background and experience with procurement
- Detail oriented and able to build a strong team
- General knowledge of international affairs, foreign policy, political frameworks
- General knowledge of socioeconomic, cultural, and religious conditions
- General knowledge of and ability to work in partnership with USAID and other governmental and non-governmental organizations
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (can be completed after hire)
Job Location: Boone, NC
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: International Travel to the region approximately 75-100 days annually; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- On-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and Short-term disability insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- 10 paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.