Save the Children
The Financial Reporting Manager works closely in accounting, financial planning, budgeting, reporting and analysis to country and regional finance teams. The responsibilities are fulfilled working closely with the Regional Head of Financial Planning and Analysis to ensure timely, quality completion of all cyclical processes including planning, budgeting, periodic reporting and KPI reviews, and providing analysis and decision support to Country Finance Directors and Regional Finance Senior Leadership Team.
In this role you will support the capacity building efforts of country office finance teams, ensuring compliance with SCI/donor policies and procedures including quality and timely reporting, regional consolidation and monitoring actions around improvements, performing quality financial planning and reporting reviews and providing gap filling for key finance positions in country offices as required.
You will proactively work with the Regional Head of Planning and Analysis on key issues and opportunities and find and implement solutions at the country office level.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Accounting, commence or business administration degree from a leading university, and relevant professional qualifications (CPA/CA/CIMA/ACA/ACCA).
* University degree in Business Administration, Management or any related courses
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which 3 years at a management level within a finance department.
* Excellent understanding of business and financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, strategic modelling, reporting, analysis and KPIs.
* Excellent Inter-personal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present to key stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
* Knowledge of organizational and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources
* Collaborative style
* Excellent relationship building skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people in a large organization and at a distance
* Strong Project and Change Management Skills
* High sense of urgency, with an ability to actively listen and understand points being made. Knows how to ask the right questions and to actively learn and understand implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making
* Flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to manage and prioritize an unpredictable workload;
* Proven analytical and problem-solving skills in order to understand the range and content of the emergency program’ work and provide practical solutions to operational challenges;
* Good communication skills. Can effectively speak with others to convey information and train others
* Understanding and willingness to imbibe Save the Children’s Mission, Vision, and Theory of Change; willing to adopt Save the Children methodology and framework.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWtoYS4wMDAxMi4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20