Danish Red Cross
Would you like to be a part of a strong and inspiring team that supports Danish Red Cross’ International work? Would you like to influence the strategic direction and capacity-building of Danish Red Cross work within protection, gender, and inclusion?
The Danish Red Cross is looking for a colleague who can develop and drive our work on Protect, Gender, and Inclusion (PGI) together with Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement partners and other stakeholders.
As a PGI Advisor you will work in the Technical Quality and Impact (Q&I) Unit in the International Department of Danish Red Cross. The unit leads the strategic direction and ambitions within and across DRC core competences as set out in the International Strategy.
In your day-to-day work you will be a part of a team of technical advisors at headquarters in Copenhagen and will work closely with country managers and delegates in the field.
As a PGI Advisor you will develop and support the implementation of DRC’s ambitions in terms of protection, gender, and inclusion in line with the International Strategy and other Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement commitments. You will ensure capacity-building of DRC staff at HQ and field level in protection, gender, and inclusion and support the field operation at country-level with quality assurance and technical guidance during all stages in the project management cycle.
Your tasks will include
- Develop a framework and action plan that sets the direction and ambitions for PGI in DRC’s international work, including a plan for capacity-building.
- Develop and adapt policies, guidance notes, tools, and training materials as needed to support the achievement of the PGI framework
- Manage and co-facilitate the CEA/PGI working group in DRC with the aim of promoting PGI in DRC’s international work
- Establish partnerships with relevant external stakeholders to promote and reinforce the PGI framework
- Plan and carry out online and on-site trainings and webinars on PGI for staff and volunteers.
- Support field staff in engaging in country level dialogues with RC Movement partners to promote and ensure a coordinated approach to PGI.
- Upon request carry out missions to the field to support assessments, reviews and evaluations, establishment of monitoring tools and mechanisms, trainings etc.
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for applicants who:
- Hold an academic degree at master level or above in a relevant field
- Have at least five years’ experience from working in humanitarian / development contexts with e.g. responsibility for community engagement, working with national or local authorities.
- Have strong technical and strategy advisory skills within PGI.
- Have experience in developing training materials and/or facilitating trainings of teams from diverse backgrounds
- Have experience in partnerships management and advocacy work
- Have strong skills in project management, project proposal development, assessments, reviews, and evaluations.
- Be a good communicator and a team player.
- Be flexible and able to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Be able to go on field missions including for emergency response.
- Is fluent in English, while good command of French and/or Arabic is an advantage.
Your future workplace
The Danish Red Cross is part of the world’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network. Along with the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), and 192 National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, the Danish Red Cross is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The Danish Red Cross is a member and volunteer-based organization with 202 local branches in Denmark and more than 30,000 volunteers, and with international projects in Africa, Asia, and the MENA region.
DRC works both with long-term activities and short-term response particularly within health, disaster preparedness and response, and displacement and migration.
DRC encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
The position is located at DRC HQ in Copenhagen, Denmark, and is a full-time position of 37 working hours per week. You will refer to the Head of Technical Quality and Impact in Copenhagen.
Salary and employment conditions will comply with Danish Red Cross’s collective bargain agreement with HK and AC and will be between DKK 43,500 and DKK 49,300 including allowances and pension depending on experience and qualifications.
Application and further information
In case you might need more information please contact Head of Technical Quality and Impact, Mr. Anders Skjelmose, [email protected] phone +45 3050 0625
How to apply
Application deadline is 26 June. Interviews will take place in late June and early July. Expected start date is 1 September 2022.
Apply the position via the Red Cross home page.