Post Title:Protection Advisor
Duty Station:Remote with frequent travels to Ukraine
Supervisor / Reports to: Caritas Switzerland Head of Programs
Expected Start Date: 1 August 2023
Duration: Approx. 10 months, renewable upon the agreement of both parties
Expected Workload: Approx. 50-65 days
Caritas Switzerland (CACH) is one of the leading Swiss NGOs in the field of poverty reduction in Switzerland and abroad. International Cooperation programmes focus on humanitarian aid, income generation, climate change and migration. The Programme Ukraine Crisis Response is currently operating in the Ukraine as well as in neighbouring countries providing emergency assistance to people affected by the conflict. Caritas Switzerland works through local implementing partners, taking the localization of aid approach in its response, and focus on bringing technical value-added specifically in the field of cash and markets, income, shelter, MHPSS as well as protection in addition to supporting partners in financial controlling and compliance standards.
With new projects set to start in the coming months, CACH is seeking a Protection technical advisor on a consultant basis to support the delivery of high quality programming. Key areas of focus will include the supporting the establishment or refinement of protection case management systems with partner organisations, and the establishment of a cash for protection mechanism.
Objectives of the Consultancy
The key objective of the Protection Technical Advisor will be to contribute to the effective delivery of protection case management programming, through appropriate and effective technical guidance to Caritas Switzerland and its partner organizations Caritas Ukraine and Caritas Spes Ukraine. In terms of overall Protection support to the respective partners, the Protection advisor should understand localization approaches and focus on support in capacity building of partner staff, and provision of technical oversight for the delivery of high quality protection programming, including the establishment of a cash for protection component.
Please find more information in the job description downloadable in the original advertisement.
How to apply
Cinfo is mandated with the recruitment of this position. Applications will only be accepted if complete* and submitted via the apply button in the advertisement on this website.
We strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible as we will close the advertisement as soon as we have sufficient eligible applications.
Candidates with previous work experience in humanitarian contexts, or familiarity with humanitarian contexts, will be given a preference.
*All applications must include the following 4 documents:
- A cover letter with anoutline of your motivation for the application and a statement regarding your availability to travel to Ukraine on specific missions (to be copy pasted in the window that will pop up after clicking on “apply”. No need for special formatting).
- A technical proposal demonstrating a track record related to similar contracts (max. 3 pages, pdf) consisting of the following:
- the technical approach on how to conduct the assignment and deliverables, including
- an evaluation matrix outlining how the specific objectives will be assessed and the resources required.
- Financial bid: the total amount asked by the consultant detailing daily rates, communication costs, VAT/taxes, and other expenses necessary to complete the tasks in the ToR.
- A copy of the CV
If you have further questions, please contact Caroline Johnigk via [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.