Norwegian Refugee Council
The purpose of the Project Support Technical Officer position is day-to-day implementation of the administrative, logistics, and other relevant support activities for the Human Mobility Hub (HMH). position holder is a self-starter who can learn quickly and work independently. The Project Support Coordinator communicates in a service-oriented manner, is highly approachable and can, through excellent interpersonal skills, establish good relations with a wide range of actors. The position requires creative problem-solving skills and managing complexities in a conflict-sensitive and confidential manner.
This role is split between Administration 50% and Logistics and other responsibilities 50%.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence with NRC policies, guidelines, and standards.
- Ensure compliance with logistics strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines, and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring quality support and capacity building to the project staff.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management and provide analysis and feedback.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of HMH Project Support.
- Implement complex systems and procedures in line with NRC policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and handbooks.
- Assess, promote, and document ideas for technical improvement and development options.
- Responsible for general HMH administration management and implementation of office policies, ensuring NRC protocols are adhered to.
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective office administrative systems and procedures whilst ensuring that controls are monitored.
- Provide administrative support to HMH activities with partners, including workshop organizing, partner meetings, events and briefings.
- Coordinate HMH visitors and consultants’ travel, accommodation, and administration needs.
- Ensure adequate supply of small office equipment and office supplies and monitor their use.
- Liaise with authorities on administrative processes, in coordination and after consultation with the Libya Country Office.
- Coordinate with the Libya Country Office on visas, residency, and relevant other documentation for HMH staff and activities.
- Support in the implementation of HMH staff movements in Tunisia, regionally and internationally.
- Register and prepare purchase requisitions, quotations and purchase orders and update monthly reports, including compliance with minimum standards and donor requirements, identifying suitable and reliable suppliers and contractors, maintaining a database of suppliers and service providers, preparing tender documents and supporting in the evaluation process, review procurement plans and provide updates and feedback, conduct market assessments as necessary, and set up and manage agreements with approved suppliers and service providers.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services, and equipment; and ensure full compliance with NRC’s Anti-Corruption Policies.
- Receive supplies and ensure that they are in good condition and accompanied with correct documents.
- Manage and track the assets as per the regulations of assets’ management in the logistics handbook.
- Ensure that logistics archives are maintained according to the NRC regulations, data protection guidelines, and GDPR (both hard and soft copies).
- Coordinate with the Libya Country Office Logistics team as required.
- Coordinate staff inductions and trainings.
- Responsible for ensuring all HMH staff details are up-to-date and correct on NRC People (HRMS).
- Maintain updated staff records, documents, and information in a confidential and sensitive manner; in compliance with national laws, NRC standards and regulations, data protection guidelines, and GDPR; and ensure to have close coordination with Libya Country Office HR and MERO HR as necessary.
- Coordinate with relevant support colleagues in the Regional Office, as needed.
- Provide input on operational support to HMH Plan of Action,
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Actively promote PSEA (Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- HMH Director
- HMH Community Engagement Manager
- Libya Country Office Support team (administration, finance, logistics, HR)
- Support team in NRC’s Middle East Regional Office (administration, finance, logistics, HR)
- Government interlocutors, local authorities
Scale and scope of position:
Stakeholders: National and local authorities (Tunisia and Egypt mainly)
Information: Managing, handling, storing, archiving, and disposing of information and sensitive data in compliance with national laws, NRC minimum standards for data protection, and GDPR regulations.
Legal or compliance: Compliance with national laws, terms of employment, donor requirements and rules, and NRC applicable policies and procedures.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
Experience from working in support functions in a humanitarian/recovery context
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Fluency in French and Arabic, both written and verbal
- Experienced in planning and overseeing project implementation and monitoring
- Experienced in start-up settings
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Word, and Outlook)
2. Behavioural competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecureenvironments
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Goals and Performance Plan
- The NRC Competency Framework
Additional Info :
Position: Project Support Technical Officer
Reports to: Human Mobility Hub Director
Supervision of: N/A
Duty station: Tunisia, Tunis
Travel: 10% – national/regional
Duration and type of contract: 6 months (extendable based on funding, performance, and the need for the position)
Open for Tunisian Nationals Only
How to apply
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.