ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Project Manager, MENA will oversee project implementation to ensure smooth, timely, and effective implementation. This role reports to the Program Manager and will supervise a Project Coordinator while collaborating with the larger in-country and MENA regional teams where necessary. The Project Manager will act as the main point of contact for Internews’ project and remain in regular communication with the donor, partners, and internal departments to ensure successful reporting and overall implementation.
This position may be based in Kenya, Jordan, or Tunisia.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-duration position with an anticipated end date of 31 December 2024.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Lead the implementation of the project and ensure full alignment with the project’s scope, timeline, and budget.
- Ensure project compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Develop and track a detailed work plan and regularly update quarterly work plans under the supervision of the Program Manager.
- Supervise and assign tasks to the Project Coordinator.
- Serve as the focal point for donor communication and regularly liaise with the donor to provide project updates and coordinate synchronization of activities.
- Communicate with project partners regularly to draft sub-awards, track progress, and ensure that the project is meeting partner needs.
- Coordinate with the subgrants team to ensure subgrant-related processes and procedures are consistently implemented throughout the program, including agreements, disbursements, and reporting.
- Track the progress of the project and redesign the implementation approach when needed in coordination with the Program Manager.
- Lead on project reporting, including preparation, writing, and editing. Keep a record of donor reporting calendar and requirements.
- Support tracking of the project budget and participate in BVA meetings in coordination with the finance team.
- Coordinate with the M&E team to ensure accurate tracking of indicators and project deliverables.
- Coordinate across Internews departments to support project implementation and reporting.
- Work with the Technical Advisor on the design and implementation of capacity-building activities under the project.
- Alert the Program Manager and Country Director of any potential risks related to project implementation and/or partnerships related to the project.
- Regularly update the country and MENA regional teams on project progress.
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 5 years’ relevant professional experience in project implementation, preferably in the development and human rights sector with international organizations.
- University degree in humanities, political or social science, international affairs, business administration, or a related field OR equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken) is required. Professional proficiency in Arabic (written and spoken) is a significant asset.
- Previous experience with USG-funded projects is strongly preferred.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but who are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of the Sudanese political context.
- Knowledge of the media development sector.
How to apply
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Deadline: 31 Dec 2024