HIAS seeks a temporary Program Associate, Private Sponsorship to assist HIAS’ Private Sponsorship of Refugees program. This position will work within HIAS’ Private Sponsorship team, a subset of U.S. Resettlement and Integration, to support the remote provision of services to volunteer sponsor groups who are welcoming refugees and other persons of concern through U.S. private sponsorship initiatives. The Program Associate, Private Sponsorship will contribute to ensuring everyday Americans have the support, resources, and guidance needed to successfully welcome and integrate refugees into their communities.
Note, this is a temporary position that starts ASAP and ends 6 months later, with possible extension. The salary range for this position is $45,000.00-50,000.00.
- Serves as a secondary point of contact for private sponsor groups working with HIAS’ private sponsor group support team.
- Maintains relationships with the sponsor groups through remote email and video communication to ensure they stay on track with core services provision and have access to resources they need according to HIAS’ training schedule.
- Shares best practices and guidance on pre-arrival and post-arrival responsibilities and issues with sponsor groups, serving as a point of contact for helping PSGs navigate housing, understanding boundaries, enrollments in public benefits, ESL, school, employment, health services, legal services and cultural orientation.
- Holds check-ins with sponsor group contacts on a recurring basis.
- Follows-up with sponsor groups to ensure reporting data has been submitted.
- As sponsor groups identify challenges, collaborates with the private sponsor group support team to troubleshoot and implement solutions.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for potential sponsors, ethno-cultural-based organizations (ECBOs) and refugees who are seeking more information from HIAS about Private Sponsorship of Refugees.
- Responds to telephone and e-mail inquiries from sponsors and potential sponsors in a timely manner.
- Provides information and training for potential sponsors interested in becoming private sponsors.
- Utilizes materials developed by Welcome Corps and HIAS to answer questions about refugee eligibility, sponsor requirements and the application process.
- As needed, coordinates and/or presents at outreach events or informational sessions.
- Coordinates with the Latin American Programs team and other partner organizations to facilitate matching and data transfer of Humanitarian Parolees from Latin America.
- Attends coordination meetings around Humanitarian Parole sponsorship.
- Tracks matching data.
- Provide additional administrative support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in outreach, advocacy, organizing or related field.
- Experience with and knowledge of global refugee protection systems, ORR, USRAP, resettlement and refugee protection policies, and the sponsor circle and PSR programs a plus.
- Experience in conducting innovative and culturally sensitive outreach and engagement.
- Highly effective communication skills, demonstrating strong partnership skills.
- Experience in public speaking and/or workshop facilitation.
- Ability to collect, organize and analyze a large amount of information and present it clearly and concisely.
- Experience working with immigrant and refugee communities, or other vulnerable or minority communities.
- Spanish language proficiency a plus.
- Travel, to include travel to insecure operating environments, may be required.
We are committed to a fair and respectful hiring process, and we do our absolute best to respond to every applicant. We prioritize communication and transparency with all candidates, even those who are not moving forward. Here’s a snapshot of our hiring process:
Step 1: Submit your application!
Step 2: Phone screen with a HIAS recruiter.
Step 3: Video interview with the hiring manager.
Step 4: Video interview with a panel of HIAS employees.
Step 5: Online reference check with SkillSurvey.
Step 6: Offer and background check with Shield Screening or ESR.
Step 7: Start your professional journey with HIAS!
Note: Some of our hiring processes may vary, and not all candidates will advance to each step.
Over one hundred years ago, the Jewish community founded HIAS (originally the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society) in New York City, the immigrant gateway to America. Supporting Jews fleeing persecution and poverty in Eastern Europe, our founders were guided by the traditions, texts and history of the Jewish people—a history of oppression, displacement and diaspora. HIAS has since helped generations of Jews facing violence because of who they were, and HIAS remains committed to helping Jewish refugees anywhere in the world. Today, our clients at HIAS come from diverse faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds, as do our staff. We bring our experience, history and values to our work across five continents, ensuring that refugees today receive the vital services and opportunities they need to thrive.
HIAS is a learning community, committed to diversity and inclusion. We do our work with integrity, accountability, transparency and a commitment to the highest ethical standards. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our teams located in the United States and across the globe. People who identify as BIPOC, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQ+ community and people with lived experiences of forced displacement or immigration are all encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our vision, mission and values.
HIAS stands for a world in which refugees find welcome, safety and opportunity.
Drawing on our Jewish values and history, HIAS provides vital services to refugees and asylum seekers around the world and advocates for their fundamental rights so they can rebuild their lives.
Welcome • Acogimiento • Hospitalité • Hachnasat Orchim
We Welcome the Stranger
Justice • Justicia • Justice • Tzedek
We Pursue Justice
Empathy • Empatía • Empathie • Chesed
We Approach our Clients with Empathy
Partnership • Compañerismo • Coopération • Chevruta
We Believe in Changing the World through Partnership
Courage • Coraje • Courage • Ometz
We Act with Courage to Build a Better World
Resilience • Resiliencia • Résilience • Ruach
We Adapt and Thrive, Continuously Demonstrating our Resilience
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.
HIAS is committed to the protection of children, vulnerable adults and any other person from any harm caused directly or indirectly due to their coming into contact with HIAS.We will not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or any form of child abuse or neglect by our staff or associated personnel**.** Any candidate offered a job with HIAS will be expected to sign and adhere to HIAS’ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies.All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records. HIAS also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. Likewise, HIAS will share this information when other organizations inquire about current and former HIAS staff as part of their recruitment process. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
How to apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and application to our website: https://hias.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2934197&req_loc=&#job
Deadline: 29 Mar 2024