Management Systems International
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation, democracy and governance, peace and stability, rule of law and accountability, education, gender and inclusion, strategic communications, and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is pursuing the USAID’s building and enabling environment for resilient communities and sustainable livelihoods in the Mbomou-Uele Region activity. The purpose of this program is to support conflict prevention activities while creating and strengthening community resilience and social cohesion. On a parallel track, the activity will address the threats and drivers for biodiversity conservation in the Mbomou-Uele region (northeastern DRC and southeastern Central African Republic (CAR)).
MSI is seeking a Biodiversity Advisor to lead programming to promote conservation and management of ecosystems. This will be a full-time position based in Kinshasa, DRC. This position is contingent upon award.
**Please note: Congolese citizens are highly encouraged to apply**
- Provide strategic vision, management and technical direction of program activities related to biodiversity conservation and policy improvement.
- Build relationships with relevant government ministries and other stakeholders.
- Lead the development of the aspects of the work plan related to biodiversity conservation.
- Collaborate with Community Resilience and Livelihoods advisors to sequence, layer, and integrate activities across objectives.
- Collaborate with operations, monitoring & evaluation, grants and other program teams to implement, monitor, and closeout activities.
- Develop scope of work for STTAs and ToR for activity implementation.
- Coordinate with USAID/DRC, as required by Chief of Party.
- Advanced degree in environment and natural resources management, biodiversity conservation, international development or a related field
- Eight (8) to Ten (10) years of professional experience in implementing biodiversity and conservation programs, environment, and natural resources management in international development contexts
- Experience working in Democratic Republic of Congo and/or Central African Republic preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively, independently with national and local government counterparts and civil society organizations.
- Strong interpersonal, supervision, and written/oral communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply
Deadline: 30 Jul 2024