International Planned Parenthood Federation
Division : Programmes and Performance ESEAOR
Responsible to: RESPOND Program LEAD and Director Programmes and Performance
Overview of the engagement
IPPF is seeking an experienced M&E Manager to work side by side with a Program management unit to support IPPF Member Associations in monitoring and evaluation of their SRHR interventions capturing quantitative and qualitive data against a set of high level program indicators.
The primary responsibility of the M&E Manager is to manage the monitoring and evaluation component of a multi country programme funded by the Australian Government, Responding with Essential SRHR Provision and New Delivery Mechanisms (RESPOND). The overall goal of the multi-country programme is to ensure populations affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in the South, Southeast Asia and Pacific regions have enhanced sexual and reproductive health and rights. The programme will result in higher uptake of quality and equitable SRHR services by the most vulnerable. It will support innovative service delivery and information approaches adapted to the pandemic and restore services that have been impacted due to COVID-19.
- Responsible for successfully managing and ensuring the implementation of the Results Framework of IPPF funded multi country project, working closely with the RESPOND program management unity and IPPF Secretariat staff in two regions and Member Associations in all 19 countries where the RESPOND program is being rolled out.
- To enable rolling out of a robust and transparent data management system that facilitates evidence-based decision-making both at the Member Association and the Regional level.
- To monitor and evaluate RESPOND MA performance against targets and high level indicators to ensure delivery and quality of data
- Address through capacity building and ongoing monitoring of country partners corrective action when needed.
- To be the focal person for Evaluation and address initiatives on evaluation between IPPF’s sub regional office in the Pacific, the Regional Office in South East Asia and South Asia the IPPF Member Associations who are leading on RESPOND program implementation.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Review MA Annual Programme Budgets and Annual Reports, Global Indicators Services (GIS), Service Statistics (SS) and assist improve quality, especially with respect to the M&E Framework of RESPOND.
2. Monitor the performance monitoring framework of RESPOND at country level and M&E plans.
3. To contribute to production of reports for RESPOND, IPPF and others as required.
4. Provide regular updates, including written reports, on key M&E findings and project indicators.
5. Support Member Associations to collect, review, use and report data for decision making, programmatic learning, resource mobilization, accountability, and policy.
6. Provide technical expertise on the development of M&E framework and indicators.
7. Provide quality assurance on data, including conducting in-country data quality assessment,
and liaising directly with RESPOND partner MSI.
8. Support key decision makers to use data effectively for internal learning and decision making.
9. To assist in building the capacity of Member Association staff in data collection, analysis and use for programme management and improvements.
10. Analyse and interpret data in order to inform the scale-up of evidence-based practices for the Member Associations in this programme in the South, Southeast Asia and Pacific regions.
11. To monitor the use, functions and reporting of the Clinic Management Information System (CMIS) and develop and implement the roll out of DHIS-2.
12. Collaborate with international, regional, and national-level institutions, working groups, and experts on M&E in family planning specifically RESPOND and DFAT C-Surge partners, MSI, UNICEF and UNFPA.
13. Support the development and review of work plans and strategies, in collaboration with technical teams, Regional Offices and Member Associations.
14. To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the Federation.
15. To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time.
1. Carry out other activities and responsibilities, as delegated by the Regional Director and his/her Nominee.
2. The post holder will carry out his/her responsibilities in accordance with IPPF’s policy on Safeguarding and Protection of Children.
- To advise Regional Director, Director Programmes and Performance, Programmes Manager and Technical Leads on all aspects of reporting (Data Management) and M&E of the programmes implemented under this multi country project.
- To advise Regional Office colleagues and Member Association staff, (in conjunction with RO staff), on monitoring and evaluation and accountability aspects of the program.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- MA/Degree in health, social sciences, statistics, or management with at least 5 years of relevant experience with a development/implementation in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) frameworks, electronic systems and/or other tools.
- Proficiency in writing, communications, management, and human relation skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in M&E implementation at national or regional level, preferably in an NGO. Good understanding of the electronic systems and tools for service statistics.
- At least seven years’ experience on monitoring and evaluation tools and systems.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good organizational skills necessary to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Good understanding on development and/or health issues.
- Experience in coordination/facilitating multi-country, regional monitoring and evaluation data.
Proven track record of successfully applying skills in the following areas:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, diplomacy team player.
- Communications (written and oral).
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Programme Management skills.
- English language essential.
- Able to discuss sensitive issues with empathy and consideration of different perspectives.
- Ability to identify priorities under pressure and to complete tasks effectively under pressure, meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent time management and organization of workload.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to ongoing learning and quality improvement.
- Able to take initiative.
- Reliable, self-motivated and flexible; able to respond to new opportunities.
- Commitment to the aims of IPPF.
- Understanding of, and a commitment to, safeguarding including child protection, in a local and international context.
- Supportive of a woman’s right to choose and to have access to safe abortion services.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their application to Pauziah Ali at [email protected] before or by 1 July 2022. Please fill up the application form as attached and attach a cover letter and your expected salary.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
* Do email for application form.