Assessment Capacities Project
ACAPS, a project hosted by the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), is looking for a dynamic and engaged Afghanistan Analysis Hub Information Analyst to join its Afghanistan Hub team!
The project runs from 13.06.2022 until 31.03.2023 with possible extension.
Afghanistan Analysis Hub
ACAPS is establishing an Afghanistan Analysis Hub to provide impartial, independent, timely, and high-quality analytical products, which strengthen the evidence base for decision making and response programming among humanitarian stakeholders related to the crisis in Afghanistan and how it affects communities both within Afghanistan and in neighboring countries. To achieve this, ACAPS will put together a team of one Project Lead, two Senior Analysts, one Data Analyst, and four Information Analysts, with support from Expert Analysis Advisors and others within the organization.
The Afghanistan Analysis Hub will:
- Use available data to reach deeper levels of analysis to understand cross sector linkages and trends and to anticipate and understand future risks.
- Support sectors and organizations in using existing data to identify information gaps and design quantitative and qualitative research assessments.
- Design and share analysis, creating an evidence base on which a shared overview of the crisis can be established, and inter-sector coordination strengthened.
- Facilitate joint analysis processes.
Under the supervision of the Senior Information Analyst, the Information Analyst is expected to produce independent analysis products and implement their own secondary research activities. He/she will also engage with stakeholders and support external actors on research design and analysis.
1.Research and analysis
- Review assessments, reports, and information products on the Afghanistan crisis to understand the information landscape and current gaps
- In consultation with key stakeholders, identify analysis gaps and propose and design thematic analytical products
- Support the design, coordination, and production of analytical products, both as ACAPS-only and in collaboration with partners
- Support partners in designing primary research and provide analytical support for qualitative and quantitative research
- Support the Senior Information Analyst on additional products where needed
2.Information management and monitoring
- Conducts consistent monitoring of secondary data and ensure that all assessments are recorded, maintaining of internal monitoring tracking sheet
- Ensure monitoring feeds into analytical products
- Contribute to the development and update of information management tools to improve performance tracking and impact monitoring
- Contribute towards learning and innovation within the Hub and the response
- Support the development and maintenance of ACAPS strategic products
- Support ACAPS global on ad hoc products and expertise-sharing
Any other tasks which are jointly agreed upon may be added to the job description, as per the project needs.
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, preferably in humanitarian action, social sciences (anthropology, sociology, economics, political science, psychology, geography, etc.), area studies, international relations, public health, epidemiology or other relevant education.
- Previous experience (at least 3 years) in research, analysis, information management, advocacy, or other relevant experience in the humanitarian sector or related fields (development, international relations, social science, etc)
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis methods (mixed and multi) and ease with handling, large amounts of quantitative data.
- Excellent knowledge of Afghan economics, politics and history
- Written clarity, including ability to analyze complex concepts and synthetize information.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively.
- Proven cooperation and inter-personal skills, including proven capacity to work very efficiently in a team.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage own use of time and self-motivate.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel.
- Familiarity with R, Python, Tableau, PowerBI, or similar software, asset.
- Fluency in Pashto and Dari, both written and verbal, asset
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Flexible, including willingness to work overtime.
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter in your application through the NRC platform here.
You can find the full job description here.
To be noted: Priority will be given to applicants from Afghanistan or the Afghan diaspora with the right to live and work in the UK or any country with an NRC office.