VACANCY NO: NES-VA-22-007
POSITION: HR Officer
REPORTING TO: Head of Mission
NUMBER OF POSITION: 1
WORKING HOURS: Full Time
DUTY STATION: Erbil, Iraq
CONTRACT DURATION: 8 months with possibility of extension
TYPE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Internal & External
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: 16 June 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23 June 2022
SWEDO is a Swedish non-profit, non-political, non-religious development aid organization that was founded in 1991 in Stockholm, Sweden. Having continuously operated in the Kurdistan Region ever since, SWEDO’s main priorities of work are construction and infrastructure activities, refugee and IDP initiatives, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, and capacity building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish, manage, and maintain personnel files in an accurate and consistent manner.
- Substantiates applicants’ skills by administering and scoring tests where applicable.
- Schedules candidate interviews by coordinating appointments with the relevant panel members.
- Support the updates, development, and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Welcomes new employees to the organization and conducts orientation.
- Provides payroll information by collecting time and attendance records.
- Maintains and regularly updates attendance records and Time Sheet of staff.
- Submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data and information.
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans
- Develop and issue contracts and ensure their compliance with SWEDO HR policies and procedures.
- Develop training and development programs
- Assist in performance evaluation processes.
- Post the general announcement as required.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by contributing to the job descriptions preparation, posting ads, and managing the hiring process
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work.
- Maintains staff confidence and keeps human resource information highly confidential.
- Enters all required data of all staff members into SWEDO’s HR system and databases.
- Reviews all applications to vacancies, prepares candidate shortlists, and participates in recruitment.
- Keeps records and maintains all relevant correspondence, incoming and outgoing letters;
- Creates and maintains filing and reference system as per SWEDO’s guidelines;
- Drafts routine correspondence, letters, documents and forms related to SWEDO admin matters;
- Any other relevant tasks to HR and Administration.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources;
- At least two (2) years of experience in the same position or in the HR field, INGO experience is highly desirable;
- Previous working experience with INGOs or humanitarian organization is highly preferred;
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish Languages;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook email;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Able to work in a team and as individual;
- Good management, administrative, and communication skills;
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, flexible, and able to work as a team and individual;
- Be very flexible regarding time, tasks, and responsibilities.
SWEDO has a zero-tolerance policy of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) on SWEDO staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by SWEDO Contractors. Any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA). All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks
How to apply
Interested applicants must send their most recent CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] no later than 23 June 2022.
Subject line must read: NES-VA-22-007, HR Officer, Erbil
Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements o received after closing date may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills. This position is contingent upon expected donor funding.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply