VACANCY NO: NES-VA-22-008
POSITION: Accountant (Part-time)
REPORTING TO: Senior Finance Officer
NUMBER OF POSITION: 1
WORKING HOURS: Part-time
DUTY STATION: Erbil, Iraq
CONTRACT DURATION: 8 months with possibility of extension
TYPE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Internal & External
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: 16 June 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23 June 2022
SWEDO is a Swedish non-profit, non-political, non-religious development aid organization that was founded in 1991 in Stockholm, Sweden. Having continuously operated in the Kurdistan Region ever since, SWEDO’s main priorities of work are construction and infrastructure activities, refugee and IDP initiatives, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, and capacity building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage daily accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, receivables, and payables.
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in accordance with SWEDO Finance Manual and donor regulations; including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
- Train and supervise field-based finance staff.
- Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor cash flow requirements to ensure smooth implementation.
- Implement an effective and efficient cash management procedures, including petty cash management, and banking structure management.
- Prepare monthly reports to the Senior Finance Officer as required, including expenditures by project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner and reconcile general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare financial reports and other ad-hoc requirements, for review by the Senior Finance Officer.
- Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with SWEDO financial policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accountancy;
- At least three years’ experience in the same position or in the Finance field;
- Experience working with NGOs or humanitarian organizations is a plus; understanding of humanitarian principles & values is a must;
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish Languages, average English is a plus.
- A thorough knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, and MS Office, especially Excel and Word;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Good management, administrative and communication skills;
- Must be organized, able to be multi-tasked, flexible, and able to work as a team and individual;
- Be very flexible regarding time, tasks and responsibilities.
SWEDO has a zero-tolerance policy of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) on SWEDO staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by SWEDO Contractors. Any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA). All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks
How to apply
Interested applicants must send their most recent CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]no later than 23 June 2022.
Subject line must read: NES-VA-22-008, Accountant, Erbil
Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements o received after the closing date may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills. This position is contingent upon expected donor funding.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply