Soleterre - Strategie di Pace ONLUS
The Head of Mission will work at Soleterre’s headquarters in Morocco and will be in charge of the representation and management of Soleterre’s organization in Morocco. He/she will also supervise and coordinate the Burkina Faso and Ivory Coast activities and staff.
Role and responsibilities:
- Supporting the search for new funding opportunities, as well as the preparation of project proposals and budgets; ensuring the planning processes consistent with the country strategy and in agreement with the referent coordinators;
- Supervision of the administrative and financial management of the programme and individual projects, including financial reports, reporting and audit; identification of the economic and financial commitments necessary for the realisation of the projects, scheduling of requests for sending funds from headquarters;
- Supervision of the progress of active projects and documents related to project implementation (periodic operational plans and their possible subsequent additions and extensions, intermediate and final reports and respective statements, Requests for changes to be approved by donors, dissemination materials);
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of project/programme activities, in line with the tools provided by the Foundation, in order to ensure the achievement of the objectives and results of the projects and the planned strategic programme for the country;
- Managing and maintaining relations with local donors and local partners; representing Soleterre with local authorities and institutions, diplomatic bodies and international agencies who are in the country; ensuring participation in national institutional coordination frameworks present in the target countries;
- Preparation of technical reports, regular meetings with donors, strategic documents and tools for the communication and promotion of the programme;
- Promoting, establishing and maintaining links with other national and international projects/programmes;
- Coordinate, implement and update the Soleterre strategy in the countries who are in close co-operation with the Reference Coordinators;
- Provide elements and information for the definition of the security level in the countries of reference and ensure the updating of security plans and management systems;
- She/he manages Soleterre’s expatriate and local human resources and evaluates their work. In particular:
- Identifies staffing needs and manages their contractual relationship based on guidance from the Human Resources department;
- Coordinates staff and encourages their placement in roles, learning and training, growth and assumption of responsibility;
- Supervises, motivates and evaluates staff and promotes cohesion.
- At least, three years of project management experience, preferentially in Africa, with local and international donors (EU, UN, AICS, etc.) and knowledge of their administrative processes and regulations;
- Experience in writing projects for local and international donors (EU, UN, IACS, etc.);
- Excellent command of project cycle management, including reporting and auditing, and capability to prepare narrative and financial reports;
- Ability to plan, manage and monitor the project/programme activities;
- Ability to work in teams (management and coordination of working groups), stress management and problem solving;
- Excellent command of IT tools (Office, Internet, e-mail, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of French (written and spoken);
- Good knowledge of English.
Place of work: Rabat, with travel to other parts of the country for the implementation of specific projects; regular monitoring missions in Burkina Faso and Ivory Coast.
Start of collaboration: as soon as possible.
Duration: 12 months renewable
- Financial compensation is commensurate with experience;
- Type and duration of contract will be defined according to availability and previous contribution situations.
How to apply
Send your candidature by 31 July 2023 to the following address: [email protected] specifying in the subject line “MISSION CHIEF MOROCCO” and including the following attachments:
- Cover letter/motivation;
- Updated CV, containing authorisation to process personal data pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
The selection respects the principle of equal opportunities (L. 903/77).
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.