The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be flexible, as you will be responsible for different countries and support them with your advice for short-term assignments on site if needed.
As Global Logistics Advisor, you will increase the visibility of logistics in the structures of Welthungerhilfe’s Country Offices abroad, to ensure compliance with existing standards, to guarantee harmonized smooth workflows and to implement clear and efficient processes. In addition, you will be expected to strengthen the cooperation on logistical issues between the various areas in the country as well as with other countries and with headquarters in Bonn.
- Functional lead of logistics in the country of mission
- Analysis and adaptation of existing logistics and procurement processes
- Alignment to standard Welthungerhilfe logistic processes in the country of mission
- Supervision and support of the logistics staff in CO and in the projects
- Enabling staff to fulfill logistic tasks as per their job description
- Ensure the correct application of digital solutions for logistic processes and offer support for the usage
- Reporting to LOG Unit (Logistics and Internal Services) at Head Office
- Ensure compliance with existing internal policies and donor regulations
- Active cooperation and solution development for the improvement of logistic processes
- Prepare and conduct trainings in logistic topics
- A university/polytechnic degree or relevant training in a field commensurate with this position
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in a logistics context
- International donor experience (especially with german donors such as BMZ, GIZ, KfW) would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Affinity for working with new software / new digital solutions
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and very good French language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 29, 2022 by following this link. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.