General Builder, Plasterer

IRIS | Networx | Recruitment Software & Services

Are you a skilled General Builder with proven experience and knowledge in Plastering and Planned Works?

As part of our Home Solutions team, you will be tasked with upholding the highest standards when performing essential maintenance and repair services to our residents’ homes.

At Eastlight Community Homes, we work together to build homes and neighbourhoods that are welcoming, safe and affordable for our residents. Our teams are dedicated to enhancing our community by doing the right thing to change things for the better!

As Part Of Your Duties, You Will

  • Complete all work in accordance with the highest industry and specialty standards, while adhering to all health and safety regulations and COSHH assessments to protect the wellbeing of all nearby residents, your fellow workers, and yourself.
  • Undertake all aspects of repairs to our customer’s homes, with a focus on plastering.
  • Pay attention to the conditions of each resident/property and report any safety concerns through the established methods.
  • Utilise your time effectively and share any suggestions for service enhancement with managers.
  • Develop positive professional relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and all other stakeholders.
  • Liaise with our customers keeping them regularly updated on planned works and timescales.
  • Complete of reports on domestic installations, and risk assessments.

To Be Successful In This Role, You Need

  • Proven experience in all facets of repairs, mainly plastering.
  • Additional skills e.g. tiling, basic carpentry/plumbing would be advantageous but not required.
  • Relevant qualification – Level 2 NVQ or City & Guilds or equivalent in Plastering.
  • A valid full UK driving licence is required.
  • Willingness and capacity to perform multi-skilled activities, consistently to a high standard.
  • Experience in maintenance and repair work in inhabited residential homes.
  • Prior knowledge of utilising a portable Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to execute tasks and keeping van supplies stocked.
  • Commitment to providing excellent customer service, with fantastic interpersonal and communication skills.
  • Willingness to work flexibly and take part in after-hours service when needed.

Although this role is advertised in a specific location, you will also be required to work in surrounding areas. You will be provided with an Eastlight van and power tools to work effectively.

To demonstrate our commitment to you, we have developed a sector leading total rewards package.

  • £32,326 annual base salary
  • Group stakeholder pension plan (Eastlight will double, up to 5% of the employees contribution – Employee 5% + Eastlight 10% = Total 15%)
  • Permanent Full-time contract
  • Annual wellbeing grant of £200 per annum – Subject to eligibility
  • 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
  • Trailblazing family leave [Maternity, Paternity and Adoption – 12 weeks full pay / 6 weeks half pay] – Subject to eligibility
  • BUPA healthcare cash plan, life assurance
  • Formal qualifications and paid professional membership
  • Job location – Braintree and Marks Tey, Essex
  • Tool vouchers

At Eastlight we support, develop, and invest in our people, together creating a culture where people love to work.

There has never been a better time to join us! Click the link below to submit your CV and personal statement.

Eastlight Community Homes is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse culture, which is why we encourage applications from everyone. If you require any support with the application process, please contact .

[Eastlight Community Homes are not currently licenced to provide visa sponsorship].

Application closing date: 01/02/2024

Interview date: 15/02/2024

To apply for this job please visit

Job Notifications
Subscribe to receive notifications for the latest job vacancies.