Let's Build My School
Let’s Build My School (LBMS) is a UK & FR based charity who focuses on building schools in remote villages using locally sourced, sustainable, and recycled materials.
LBMS is seeking a fundraising officer to join the team until November 2024. We are looking for a fundraiser to secure funds for our coming school project in Senegal and the following ones. LBMS is working mainly with private donors, we would like to expand our donor’s portfolio to local and international institutions. The ideal candidate will be someone motivated who believes in our mission, is passionate about sustainability and community development, and has the drive to strategize the fundraising plan.
Deadline for applications: 07/03/2024
Collaboration: April 2024 – November 2024. Possibility to extend depending on funding availability and performance.
Workplace: Dakar, Senegal OR remote
- Review the existing list of donors. Edit/erase/update the corresponding existing excel document with the relevant potential donors, both locally in Senegal and internationally. Research public/private funds (government agencies, corporations, foundations who are keen on donating for education in Africa); maintain an up to date directory of donors, international and local NGOs, other partners and stakeholders.
- Based on LBMS strategy, support the identification of funding opportunities and donors to ensure funding continuity as well as support the diversification of LBMS donor portfolio through tracking funding opportunities, also potentially engaging with donors and donor working groups.
- In line with LBMS strategy and expertise, contribute to partners mapping, to support identifying potential relevant international and/or local partners (academia, think tanks, national and international NGOs, private sector partners, etc.)
- Contribute to establishing, maintaining and improving active and regular working relationships with donors and, where relevant, act as point of contact for all formal/informal donor communication
- Collect and analyse field data, to contribute to the creation on LBMS portfolio.
- Identify and prepare relevant documentation, together with the technical team, to apply for funds and grants.
- Supports the communication team in creating and executing fundraising campaigns and events.
- Represents the organization at networking events and conferences.
Required skills and qualifications:
- At least one (1) previous experience in fundraising for an NGO/charity/humanitarian project.
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills are desirable.
- Knowledge of English (C1) and fluency in French is required.
- Previous experience in the education and/or shelter sector is considered a plus.
- Previous experience in Senegal is desirable.
- Passion for research.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop and implement innovative fundraising strategies.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates, with the required experience are invited to submit their application to [email protected] , by the 07/03/2024.
Email Subject: Fundraising Officer
The application shall include the following:
- CV, including 3 reference contacts – at least one from your latest job
- Cover letter (1-page maximum)
The applications received will be revised on a rolling basis and the Management can close the vacancy before the indicated deadline as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.