Government of the Federated States of Micronesia
The National Department of Education (NDOE) of the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) has received World Bank support to strengthen its technical vocational education and training (TVET) institutions and employment services through the FSM Skills and Employability Enhancement (SEE) Project.
The consulting services (“the Services”) as the Education Specialist include providing technical expertise and logistical support in the implementation of the education-related components of the project. Under the direct supervision of the SEE Project Manager, the Education Specialist will play a crucial role in supporting the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in the implementation and monitoring of project plans, schedules, budget, and expenditures, with a specific focus on the project’s education-related components, subcomponents and activities.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment is annexed to this document or can be found at the following websites. All candidates are expected to carefully review the TOR before submitting their Expressions of Interest (EOIs):
- FSM Department of Finance & Administration Website (https://dofa.gov.fm/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/REOITOR_ED_Specialist_FM-NDOE-398941-CS-INDV.pdf)
- FSM Department of Education (https://www.national.doe.fm/education-specialist/)
The FSM NDOE now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services via their EOI package, including:
- A cover letter
- A CV
- Three referees to verify prior experience, performance, and character traits.
CVs of all applicants will be evaluated as follows: all CVs will be scrutinized against the assignment’s requirements. Candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be invited to participate in a written test, assessing their technical knowledge in the relevant field and writing skills. The qualifications of candidates will be scored based on predefined criteria. Selected candidates may undergo interviews.
Upon completion of the evaluations mentioned above, the candidate with the highest score will be invited to negotiate contract. Referees of the selected candidate may be contacted to verify prior experience, performance, and character traits.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution in education
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in secondary education, vocational education and/or curriculum development.
- Strong knowledge of TVET principles, curriculum development, and industry requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience in working on projects funded by international organizations or development agencies.
- Familiarity with the context and challenges of vocational education and employment in FSM.
How to apply
The attention of interested Consultants (including firms) is drawn to paragraph 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers Fifth Edition, September 2023 (“the Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0900 to 1700 hours Pohnpei Time (Local Time).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by e-mail by 5pm, February 26, 2024, local time.
SEE Project Manager
Project Implementation Unit
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: 26 Feb 2024