General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population. Since its establishment, Orange has partnered directly with affected Syrian populations, delivering programs spanning sectors, including humanitarian and development programs, in the Early Recovery and Livelihoods, Food Security and agriculture, Education and Protection, WASH, and Shelter, in addition to long-term impact interventions focusing on the economic empowerment and the local value chains improvements to enable targeted communities to improve their living practices and their sustainable mechanisms. Orange collaborates with various national and international non-governmental organizations, as well as local initiatives, to adopt a community-based approach that improves the response’s impact on the humanitarian crisis and provides sustainable and alternative solutions.
The food Processing Trainer’s responsibilities include designing training materials and conducting food processing training for a group of 20 female beneficiaries in Suran and 20 beneficiaries in Jandairis Sub-districts. This will be done closely with Orange team during the specified areas and dates. The position involves direct engagement with the targeted community.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
Prepare training methodology and modules in Arabic and English, considering the required hands-on approach and needs of the community and other local authorities in the target areas. The modules will be finalized in close consultation with Orange staff. Training modules and materials must be shared with and provided to Orange staff before the expected launch of the training:
- Prepare hand-outs in Arabic to be distributed to the participants during the training (the hand-outs in Arabic must be submitted before the start of the training to Orange staff for discussion and approval)
- Prepare simple pre- and post-training testing, which will be used to evaluate the learning progress of the trainees.
- Ensure all training materials utilized are shared with Orange staff.
- Benefit from and utilize already existing orange materials during the pieces of training (Project`s Templates)
- Perform the training according to the topics and timeframe agreed upon between Orange and the training provider.
- Report on the results of the training, including trainees’ feedback on the quality and content of the training and training materials, and performance of the trainers; and trainers’ feedback on the trainees’ performance and their further capacity-building needs.
- Submit a final report summarizing the methodology and content of the training and the feedback of the trainers and trainees (according to the above); analytical inputs evaluating whether the objectives of the training were met are required.
- Understand and adhere to the mission’s National Staff Handbook, Orange Code of Conduct, Orange Key Policies, and relevant guidelines.
Training schedule and training topics to be covered:
A training package of 15 days will be on the following topics and according to the timeframe specified below and agreed upon between Orange and the training provider:
- Introduction to Food Processing
- Importance of Food Safety
- Basic Principles of Food Processing
- Hygiene and Sanitation Practices
- Canning and Jarring Techniques
- Drying and Dehydrating Methods
- Freezing and Refrigeration Processes
- Fermentation and Pickling Techniques
- Quality Control in Food Processing
- Packaging Techniques for Processed Foods
- Labelling and Compliance
- Technical competencies:
- Previous experience in designing and delivering training programs related to food processing and nutrition).
- Expertise in the specific challenges faced by the target community or region.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with project stakeholders.
- Experience with direct work with communities in NGO (preferred)
- Technical college, University Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent (preferred in Agricultural, food industry or nutrition field)
- Advanced Arabic is mandatory.
- Skills competencies such as behavioral, interpersonal, and personal skills
- Practices cooperation, communication, and collaboration with all colleagues and departments and addresses issues constructively and in a friendly manner.
- Practices utmost restraint in regard to confidentiality in collation, storage, and sharing of stakeholder data, especially beneficiary data.
- Adheres without compromise to Orange values, code of conduct, and policies.
- Application procedure and requirements
- The application must contain all the following documents (only complete applications will be considered):
- Curriculum vitae
- Verifiable references specifying the training experience of the trainers.
- Cover letters
- Relevant certified certificates
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of the children and communities that we serve.
Child Safeguarding & PSEAH policy:
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children and women but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child and women abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor, or supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange must sign the Child Safeguarding and PSEA– Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange child safeguarding and PSEAH Policy, which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into.
How to apply
• Kindly submit your application through this link: https://apps.orange.ngo/jobs/apply/3f727284-15e6-4dcc-b8cb-cf0c65c17c6a
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within two weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
•The position is to be filled ASAP.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Deadline: 12 Feb 2024