Syria Civil Defense
Job Title Finance Senior Officer
Line Manager Budgeting and Reporting Coordinator
To tracking expenses, preparing budget vs actual, preparing donor financial reports, and checking the supporting document if matching with donor regulations and requirements. Also, this position will be assisting in maintaining budget design.
· Assist in preparing the Annual Master budget (MB) and updating based on need.
· Coordinate and Work closely with other departments (Programs, Supply chain, and HR ) to maintain new budgets to be reflecting all needs mentioned in (MB).
· Working closely with donors on any adjustment, CE, or NCE based on needs.
· Tracking variance between actual expenses and budget and ensuring those variances are allowed with donor regulations and budget flexibility.
· Preparing Budget vs Actual (BVA) on a monthly basis and sharing it with relevant departments.
· Participate in preparing financial reports on a monthly basis.
· Preparing the cost allocation table according to SCD cost allocation methods and principles.
· Checking supporting documents to make sure that everything is in place and matching with SCD and donors roles and regulations.
· Follow up with donors’ comments with relevant departments and solve them on time.
· Provide analysis reports based on request.
· Develop and provide reporting templates to relevant teams, ensure the use of consistent templates.
· Reviewing the new SGA’s and archiving all related documents.
· Responsible for grants coding system and updating the Grants Info table accordingly.
· Maintain the staff and cost allocation maps updated.
· Respect and implement all principles of protection from sexual exploitation and abuse, and ensuring the safeguarding of children
. Participates in the preparation of projects for internal and external audits, in coordination with Finance Manager and the accounting department.
Note: the above-mentioned responsibilities are illustrative ones. Other future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department’s organizational chart or title.
Qualification (Education/Work Experience)
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- 3 years or more work experience in I/NGO in the relevant field.
- Native Arabic, Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Advanced university degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in I/NGO in a relevant field
- Very good level of English.
Core & Managerial Competencies & Technical
- Stakeholders Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Technological Awareness.
- Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Empowering Others
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint).**
- Experience in preparing the budget
- Familiar with Donors Regulations.
- Experience in preparing donor financial reports.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application form on this and attach your CV and a covering letter explaining your background, suitability for the role, and interest in what we do.
Closing date for application: 11 August 2022.
The Syrian Civil Defense believes in achieving diversity in its workforce, by encouraging all qualified applicants, male and female, to apply for the vacancies announced.
The Civil defense’s employees and volunteers are obligated not to practice sexual exploitation and abuse, in exchange for the services they provide, in addition to assuming their responsibilities to protect children from harm and abuse and to ensure a safe environment for them, and to work to create a safe work environment for everyone free from any form of harassment, abuse, exploitation or misconduct during work that diminishes the dignity and safety of the volunteer or employee.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the required job qualifications will be contacted.