- Job Title: Finance and Programme Support Officer, Central African Republic
- Location: Bangui (CAR)
- Reporting to: CAR Project Manager
- Duration: fixed term contract starting as soon as possible and ending in October 2023
- Salary: 988,692 XAF
- Closing: 20 June 2022 09:00 UK time
Support the CAR Project Manager in the timely and accurate processing of financial transactions for the programme. Prepare and process financial trip reports, transfer requests, travel advance requests and other programme expenditure documents, ensuring appropriate coding and in liaison with the London-based Finance team. Develop and maintain a programme-wide calendar of reporting deadlines, log, file and acknowledge receipt of partner narrative reports.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of undertaking a range of financial administrative duties including data input and retrieval.
- Experience supporting financial management including experience in preparing budgets and cash flows, monitoring organisational and partner expenditure and supporting financial reporting
- Experience in supporting partners (remotely and in-person) on the successful joint delivery of work and accompanying local community-based organisations with limited organisational (financial and management) capacities.
- Experience of working in a team support position with colleagues who work remotely and travel frequently
- Knowledge of and interest in political, social and economic dynamics in CAR, in particular, the project areas Bossangoa and Kaga Bandoro is desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages, databases, email, internet.
- Experience in using financial accounting software, such as MS Office (Excel) to maintain ledgers, prepare bank reconciliations, exporting data for subsequent reporting to support
- budget holders and keeping programme financial records up to date.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent computer and IT skills, preferably in a Mac environment, including Excel and Word.
- Excellent numeracy and accuracy skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills including planning, developing, implementing and maintaining
- financial and administrative systems.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project locations outside of Bangui, and experience of hostile
- environment training or willingness to undertake hostile environment training.
- Good problem-solving skills/innovative.
- Able to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines.
- Fluent written and spoken French and English.
- Spoken and/or written Sango is desirable
- Willingness to be self-servicing, with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as
- independently and Commitment to our goals and values.
How to apply
Please visit the link here: https://www.c-r.org/jobs to download Application form 1 & Application form 2 to be filled in English.