General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population. Since its establishment, Orange has partnered directly with affected Syrian populations, delivering programs spanning sectors, including humanitarian and development programs in the Early Recovery and Livelihoods, Food Security and agriculture, Education and Protection, WASH, and Shelter, in addition to long-term impact interventions focusing on the economic empowerment and the local value chains improvements to enable targeted communities to improve their living practices and their sustainable mechanisms. Orange collaborates with various national and international non-governmental organizations, as well as local initiatives, to adopt a community-based approach that improves the response’s impact on the humanitarian crisis and provides sustainable and alternative solutions.
The Field Education Coordinator is pivotal in overseeing and managing all education and protection activities within the northern Aleppo and Idlib regions. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership and direction to the education staff operating in the designated areas. Reporting directly to the Education and Protection Sector Lead based in the HQ office, the Field Education Coordinator ensures the effective implementation of education and protection initiatives in coordination with organizational goals.
Duties, objectives, and competencies:
- Coordinate and supervise all education and protection activities conducted within the Aleppo and Idlib regions.
- Provide guidance and support to the education team to ensure the successful execution of programs.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of education and protection initiatives, ensuring adherence to project timelines, budgets, and quality standards. Collaborate with stakeholders to address emerging challenges and adapt strategies as needed.
- Manage and support the staff, including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, and capacity-building initiatives. Foster a collaborative and empowering work environment conducive to professional growth and development.
- Conduct seminars, workshops, and individual Support sessions related to education.
- Prepare training materials and full training packages for different education-related topics. such as presentations, summaries, videos, etc.
- Develop different educational learning materials such as handbooks, illustration tools, media materials, visual materials, references, and resources.
- Prepare comprehensive reports on the progress, achievements, and challenges encountered in education and protection activities. Maintain open communication and coordinate closely with the Education and Protection Sector Lead at the HQ office to ensure alignment with organizational objectives.
- Support with procurement plan and BoQs when needed.
- Develop tools to monoitor projects progress and implementation.
- Understanding of Syrain context and type of educational requirement.
- Provide quality advise on issues that may impact the achievement of projects outcomes
- Validate the work plans prepared with education & protection sectors lead
- Supervise quality and transparency of the data reported
- Provide regular action plans/project updates and advise of any deviations from the plan
- Other tasks as requested by the line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in (Education Faculty, including all departments, Arabic Language) or any other related fields.
- Proven experience in managing education and protection programs in minimum 4-5 years
- Strong skills in English and Arabic in both speaking and writing
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools.
- Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques and concepts of safeguarding and education.
- Education in emergency experience with multi sectorial projects
- Proven experience in Formal and non formal modalities.
- Flexibility to travel frequently to project sites within Syria, as required.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); also, E-learning software is an asset.
- storng skills in time management.
- Critical thinking and decision-making.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child Safeguarding & PSEAH policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children and women but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child and women abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor, or supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange must sign the Child Safeguarding and PSEA– Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange child safeguarding and PSEAH Policy, which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into.
How to apply
• Kindly submit your application through this link: https://apps.orange.ngo/jobs/apply/38f40ecd-4d78-44d8-9d78-caf768c64665
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within two weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
•The position is to be filled ASAP.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for this position.