Handicap International - Humanity & Inclusion
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women and persons with disability to apply.
PRESENTATION OF Humanity and Inclusion
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Humanity & Inclusion is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission.
For more details on the association: http://www.hi.org/
The Syrian crisis is the greatest humanitarian crisis of the last 20 years. According to the latest UN figures, about 11.7 million people are currently affected by the crisis in Syria, including about 6 million IDPs, while over 5 million Syrians have sought refuge in neighbouring countries or in Europe. The current humanitarian response only provides a patchy and partial coverage of the growing humanitarian needs. Nine years after the beginning of the crisis, the number of injured persons in Syria keeps rising, with a severe lack of healthcare in many areas. In large areas of the country, the local economy is in bad shape local populations and IDPs are in need of livelihoods assistance. The inclusion of the most vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, in the humanitarian response remains a major concern.
HI is managing a large humanitarian program from three different hubs (Beirut, North-West and North-East), along four main pillars:
- Support to health partners (hospitals, psychosocial support centers, local NGOs) for the provision of multidisciplinary rehabilitation services (physical rehabilitation, psychosocial support and/or prosthetics and orthotics) and standalone psychosocial support services, through training, technical supervisions and donations of assistive devices and/or equipment.
- Education to the risks and effects caused by conventional weapons (including mines, explosive remnants of war and small arms light weapons) and non-technical survey of hazardous areas.
- Livelihoods assistance, with a combination of cash for work, vocational training, small grants for businesses and apprenticeships.
- Training and technical support to other humanitarian actors on the inclusion of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable persons in the humanitarian response (with a special focus on inclusive health and inclusive livelihoods).
The actual intervention is based on a mix of remote management of national teams, remote partnerships with local structures and organizations, and direct implementation programs.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Hub Logistics Officer, the logistics Planner ensures the efficient management of procurement for the region/country under his or her assistance.
He or she is the point person for the Hub Logistics Officer and as such informs him or her of any problems that fall within his or her remit and suggests solutions.
He or she is the point person for the parties concerned and, in this capacity, he/she reminds them of deadlines, informs them of any problems that fall within his or her remit, and proposes solutions.
HIERARCHICAL & FUNCTIONAL LINKS:
- Line manager: Procurement Officer
- Line manager+1: Area Logistics Manager
- Team Managed: Non
- Coordination with: All Departments and Partners
Mission 1: Participates in drafting the Procurement section of the Strat OP and implements its action plan.
- Assistance in Establishing International Framework Contracts for the North Hub Supplies through Tendering, Supplier selection criteria, RFP’s/ RFQ’s, Negotiations, Bid Analysis, Due Diligence, Contracting…etc.
- Assistance in Conducting National & International high volume Procurement operations according to the correct procedures and prepare all the needed documents.
- Compile the whole PSR folder / documents, properly archive them and submit them to facilitate invoice processing and Payments.
- Assist Procurement Officer in Managing all Procurement operations for all bases inside Syria remotely through our Logistics Teams in the field and guide them during the whole procurement process (Purchase Requests Validation, RFQ’s, Bid Analysis, Purchase Orders validation, receiving goods/Services, Submitting Payments), to maximize operational and financial performance at the organization, all while reducing audit risks.
- Timely follow-up on all purchase requests for the bases and ensure that the correct procedures are applied in the purchase of the goods and services and proper documentation trail is maintained.
- Follow up on payments for suppliers to manage accruals and cash flow effectively.
- Assistance in Managing North Hub Contracts and Long-Term Agreements: Creation, Execution, Anticipation of Renewal and analysis.
- Assistance in Managing Field Contracts and Long-Term Agreements: Anticipation of Renewal and analysis.
- Follow-up on HI Facilities & Fleet lease agreements expiration dates and anticipate the renewal.
- Vendors Management: Assistance in Searching for new suppliers of relevant categories, identify new sources of Supply in a proactive manner or according to specific requests, conduct frequent Market Surveys and update and maintain an active supplier list (Database).
- Ensure constant up-to-date Procurement Monitoring Charts (PMC / PFU) through Link.
- Assistance in data collection in Performing category spend and supplier’s Evaluation / Analytics and Participate in the review/build of Supply & Procurement & Distribution Plans.
Mission 2: Deploys HI’s standards and contributes to its expertise and accountability within his or her remit:
- ensures compliance with and application of HI standards for his or her entire professional field with regard to policy, processes and tools;
- guarantees compliance with and the application of internal rules and the rules of institutional donors in his or her fields of activity.
Mission 3: Emergency Preparedness and Response Responsibilities
- contributes to the program’s emergency preparedness actions and, during an emergency, adapts his/her work modality to contribute to HI’s effective humanitarian response.
Mission 4: WAREHOUSING AND STOCK MANAGEMENT
- Assistance in Coordinating with the relevant staff regarding the reception of international consignments to the Warehouses.
- preparation of receiving notes and creating Item reference Codes for the received items.
- Register all Stock Release Orders, Stock Return Orders, Stock Transfer Orders and Receiving Notes on timely manner and all transactions are recorded on the Inventory System.
- Checking & reviewing the Data of all incoming materials, outgoing materials and Stocked material for the organization and the organization’s Partners.
- Ensure 100% reconciliation between issued Stock Release Orders (SROs) and issued Donation Certificates (DC).
- Assistance in Maintaining up-to-date Inventory System, and issue Regular Stock Reports.
Mission 5: EQUIPMENT AND ASSETS
- Check all documentation related to equipment and assets management as per the tracker are correct and up to date for all north hub bases (Equipment card, donation / lending certificates)
Mission 6: PARTNERSHIP FOLLOW UP AND COLLABORATION
- Check and review Partners Procurement documents.
- Check and review partners warehouse movements and documentation.
- Adding partners stock movement on stock management system (inflow).
- Ensure that partner stock movement tracker is up to date.
Mission 7: REPORTING
- Support the logistics Officer in preparation of the required monthly reports including:
- Monthly Narrative Report.
- Procurement Monitoring Chart – PMC / PFU
- Contracts Monitoring Chart – CMC
- Weekly Stock Reports
- Suppliers Database
- AMM Price list
- Vehicle Management Chart – VMC
- Energy Management Chart – GMC
- Equipment Management Chart – EMC
- International shipments Tracking Sheets
- Monthly purchase order details
- Monthly release by product details
Education and experience:
- University degree in logistics or any related field.
- Has 0 to 2 years of experience in similar role, fresh graduates are welcome to apply, Internship and international courses will be taken into consideration.
- Patience, flexibility and diplomacy abilities.
- Stress resistant in a very challenging environment.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
- Communication aptitude, open-mindedness, creativity, pro-activity.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to multitask and prioritize.
- Ensuring effective use of resources.
- Willing to frequently travel to project locations.
- Has NGO Experience is a plus.
- Fluency in English language (oral and written)
- Remuneration: JOD 972
- Expected Starting date: March, 2024
- Duration/ Type of contract: 6 months (renewable based on availblity of fund)
- Benefits: Transportation and Health Insurance
- Mobility: Amman with possible travels in the region
RETURNING NATIONAL CANDIDATES: We strongly encourage candidates with disability to apply for this position. Humanity and Inclusion strives to attract, motivate and retain staff in our programs.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a CV to [email protected]. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In case of disability, please mention any adjustments that will assist you in attending the written test/ interview or undertaking this post.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. HI also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.