Founded in 2016, Amna is committed to supporting community and frontline workers to bring non-clinical mental health support to every child and family affected by violence and displacement. Our mission is to help communities heal from violence and displacement. Our vision is a world where a caring mental health worker is within reach of anyone affected by trauma. After five years of delivering direct services for families, young children, young people, and men and women in Greece, Amna is now replicating its model to train frontline workers and support local organisations in additional countries and communities.
We are in search of a Digital Content Specialist, an expert in communication and content development, who is also a passionate human rights advocate. This role involves creating and implementing an effective digital content plan to further our reach and expansion. This role is part-time and freelance, however, we anticipate developing full-time communication roles by the end of 2023.
The ideal candidate will excel at engaging with team members to source, write, and deliver compelling stories for our social media channels. Your role will be pivotal in fostering a dynamic digital presence, contributing to our brand identity, and advocating for displaced individuals’ rights through social media storytelling.
As a key player in our dedicated team, your efforts will significantly support families, children, and young people displaced. Your work will help to elevate their voices and experiences, making a profound impact in their lives and the communities we serve.
Applications are strongly encouraged from people with lived experience as refugees or with second-generation experience.
The role-holder will have experience working according to ethical and good practice safeguarding principles. They will be expected to adhere to and promote Amna’s Child and Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding Policies as they will be involved and responsible for programmes working with children and vulnerable groups in different settings.
- To create and implement an effective digital content strategy that supports Amna’s mission, expands our reach, and fosters a dynamic online presence by sourcing, writing, and delivering compelling stories on our social media platforms.
- To work closely with our team and the communities we serve, contributing significantly to advocating for displaced individuals’ rights, elevating their voices, and making a meaningful impact in their lives through digital storytelling.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Digital Content Strategy: Develop and implement an effective digital content strategy to boost Amna’s online presence and support our expansion goals.
- Content Creation: Source, write, and deliver compelling stories that align with our mission and values, for publication on our social media channels.
- Brand Advocacy: Uphold and promote Amna’s brand identity through content creation and storytelling, ensuring consistent messaging across all platforms.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with team members to gather stories and insights that elevate the voices of the communities we serve.
- Rights Advocacy: Utilise digital platforms to advocate for the rights of displaced individuals, amplifying their stories and experiences to a wider audience.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience: At least 2 years of hands-on experience in digital content creation, social media management, or a related field, and the experience to analyze and evaluate individuals with personal experience of displacement are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Skills: Proficient in storytelling, with a demonstrated ability to create compelling visual and written content. Experience with social media platforms, content management systems, and basic graphic design software is essential.
- Data Analysis: Possesses the skills to analyse social media data, evaluate the impact of content, and use insights to shape future content strategy and engage audience effectively.
- Training: No specific degree is required, but any additional training, certifications, or coursework in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Digital Media, or related fields would be advantageous.
- Attributes: Passion for human rights, particularly as it pertains to displaced individuals. Ability to work collaboratively within a team and interact effectively with a diverse range of individuals and communities.
- Impact: Demonstrable track record of creating content that amplifies voices and stories, contributing to a wider cause or mission. Again, personal experiences that enhance this aspect of the role are highly valued.
Skills and Behaviors:
- Accountability: Demonstrates responsibility for decisions, manages resources effectively, and exemplifies Amna’s values in actions and work ethics.
- Initiative and Independence: Excels at initiating and managing tasks independently, able to bring assignments to completion within given parameters and accepted practices.
- Communication: Great verbal and written communication skills, capable of effectively interacting with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Resilience: Has the capacity to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and maintain a positive attitude amidst challenges.
- Team Engagement: Appreciates the significance of a supportive work culture, actively engaging with the team, and participating in team activities.
- Attention to Detail: Ensures high-quality output and attention to public-facing content.
- Aesthetic Sensibility: Possesses a refined sense for digital content aesthetics, understanding the balance between engaging visuals and compelling narratives.
- Amna offers Psychological Support Fund for its employees and are eligible to apply after the end of the probation period.
- Amna offers reflective supervision to all employees.
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter giving examples of how you meet the skills, experience, and behaviors to [email protected] by 16th July 2023.
For more information on Amna’s work please visit our website: www.amna.org
Due to the urgency of the role, qualified applicants may be invited to interview at any point during the application process. We strongly encourage candidates to apply before the deadline.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.