International Center for Transitional Justice
The International Center for Transitional Justice (ICTJ) is an international non-profit organization specializing in the field of transitional justice. ICTJ works across society and borders to challenge the causes and address the consequences of massive human rights violations. We affirm victims’ dignity, fight impunity, and promote responsive institutions.
ICTJ is looking for a Development Associate, Foundation Relations to join the Development team.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate, Foundation Relations will manage the ICTJ relationships with current foundation donors and support strategy to expand and diversify the foundation portfolio.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
Manage the foundation portfolio:
- Coordinating grant cycle activities from research to stewardship.
- Work with DoD on engagement strategy by keeping up to date contact information on doors and support internal coordination on donor engagement through meetings and events, including with program leadership and members of the board.
- Coordinate work with program and finance staff to prepare proposals, reports, budgets, and responses on donor requests for information.
- Ensure donor recognition according to funding agreements.
- Record deadlines, payments, and relevant interactions with donors and prospects to support moves management
- Serve as a point of contact for donors and prospects
Support work to expand and diversify the institutional philanthropy/major donor portfolio:
- Conduct prospect research.
- Produce mappings of ICTJ relationships to priority prospects towards creating access.
- Manage meeting preparation and follow up actions.
- Manage contacts at donor institutions in development systems.
Support development of the annual plan for foundations work by providing relevant information on donors and prospects to support projections and activity.
Lead coordination of internal meetings to support fundraising activities.
Collaborate with programmatic and communications colleagues to continue raising institutional brand recognition in the funding community.
Provide strategic insights in development and support for special events.
Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Minimum 2years of relevant experience with institutional philanthropy.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in institutional philanthropy
- Strong project management skills to support interdepartmental collaboration on proposals/budgets and reports and meeting deadlines.
- Fluency in prospect research, including knowledge of relevant research tools to support prospecting strategy (ICTJ platforms include Candid, iWave).
- Knowledge of CRM fundraising databases (ICTJ uses Raisers Edge NXT).
- Top notch written and oral communications in English
- Demonstrated interest in human rights.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Availability for occasional domestic or international travel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Salary range: $75K-$85K
Generous Benefits Package:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits, including a 90% employer funded option.
- Life Insurance (1x annual salary)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) retirement plan, with a 2.5% employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- PTO package: 20 vacation days, 13 paid holidays, 5 personal days*
Hybrid Position based in New York City; candidates must have legal authorization to work in the USA.
ICTJ is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer strongly committed to hiring and retaining diverse and internationally representative staff. Qualified women and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application form for the position here.
Deadline: 31 Mar 2024