Management Systems International
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is pursuing an upcoming follow-on to the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) to provide third-party monitoring (TPM) services to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (USAID BHA). The activity will provide independent and verifiable TPM of USAID BHA funded programs in Nigeria that will increase USAID BHA and its partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, and lessons learned of their projects. The information and findings will be critical in ensuring program learning and accountability, and contribute to real time programmatic adjustments and future program design. The project may also support data quality assessments and evaluations of USAID BHA activities, as required by the client. NMP ll is a follow-on project to NMP.
**Please note: Nigerian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply for this position **
MSI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to serve as the senior-most in-country project representative and lead the technical and operational aspects of the NMP II activity. The COP will work closely with USAID BHA in Nigeria and its implementing partners. The COP will also oversee the production of all deliverables and compliance required under this contract. The work involves team management, technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight, and client relations. The COP will also be responsible for overseeing subcontractors’ work and performance. The full-time position is anticipated to last for five years and be based in Abuja, Nigeria. This position is contingent upon award.
- Oversee all technical work and administrative aspects of the project.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the project team, USAID, and MSI home office.
- Ensure effective performance and relationships with subcontractors.
- Manage the project team and directly supervise other senior management on the project.
- Oversee preparation and ensure timely submission of all contract deliverables.
- Ensure the quality of all data collection, analyses, reports, and other deliverables and that they meet MSI and USAID quality control/assurance standards.
- Ensure TPM data, reporting, and learning events are relevant and well targeted to support learning and adaptation objectives of USAID BHA and its partners.
- Maintain administrative and financial controls, and records, pursuant to MSI’s financial and administrative procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all terms and conditions of the contract and applicable U.S. Government and USAID rules and regulations.
- Manage the contract budget in coordination with the finance and administration and MSI home office teams.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of local political and security developments and propose any strategic/tactical revisions to the Project Safety and Security Manual necessary to seize emerging opportunities and/or mitigate risks.
- Ensure appropriate staff duty of care procedures are in place and followed.
- Act as the primary liaison for USAID and the US Embassy regional security officer regarding security matters.
- Adhere to security procedures and require team members to follow them.
- Monitor and report on the security situation to MSI home office and USAID.
- Master’s degree in international affairs, social science, or a related field is strongly preferred. required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the international humanitarian, development, or transition field, including at least five (5) years of experience managing teams and two (2) years of experience working in conflict zones.
- Previous experience leading USAID-funded activities is desired.
- Previous experience managing or working on TPM projects, monitoring, evaluation, and learning support projects, or large-scale evaluations is highly desirable.
- Previous professional work experience supporting development or humanitarian assistance programs in Africa is desirable.
- Previous experience managing subcontractors is desirable.
- Experience in providing robust and easy-to-understand data visualizations and communications on monitoring and evaluation products.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with USAID, host government and local counterparts.
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply
To apply: Please visit our website, Chief of Party, USAID Nigeria Monitoring Project ll, Abuja, Nigeria – Tetra Tech Careers (selectminds.com)
Deadline: 2 Apr 2024